Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Xanadu!

But with much cuter hair!!!

Apparently, 2008 is going to be the year that I learn to trust people. Saturday morning I went to Hair Genius' house so she could fix the mop known as my hair. Earlier in the week, I decided since it was a new year, I needed new hair. I emailed her and booked her time. When she asked me what I wanted to do to my hair, I told her, "whatever you think is going to look best." I have never done this before. I usually go in and say, "I want an inch trimmed and PLEASE cut my bangs straight." So she emailed me a picture and the cut was SHORT! The shortest my hair has ever been is right at my shoulders, so I was a little nervous. I made her assure me that this cut would not make me look like a Bratz doll (you know, really large head.) and she promised that it wouldn't. So, I sit down and let her work her magic...and you know what, it's probably the cutest cut I have ever received. She told me that I was sassy enough to carry it off, and will say I feel pretty friggin' sassy! She called it a swing bob, it's a little shorter in the back (above my collar) and longer in the front (the bottom tip hits me mid neck) it's still very dark brown but with bright red and blonde highlights. IT'S AWESOME!!! So, I've already told her to be thinking about what she wants to do next time.

Saturday night, while Ginger was partying like it was 1999 with his friend bound for Hawaii, Doodlebug, Mother of Three and I went - are you ready for this...ROLLERSKATING!!! Yes people, we went rollerskating and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! So much so, that I think I'm going to purchase my own set of rollerskates. (Quads not blades) The reason I suggested this little outing is to make sure that a.) I still found it fun and b.) make sure I could still do it without breaking my face. About a month ago, Doodle and I were talking about my upcoming birthday and she asked me what I wanted to do. I thought for a moment and decided that I want a rollerskating party. How much fun would that be. An adult rollerskating party, complete with cake and party hats. You see, my next birthday will be 32 which is 16 years from my 16th birthday which was at, are you ready for this...Chuck E Cheese. Yes, I had my 16th birthday at the local Chuck E Cheese and let me tell you, it was more fun than any of the other parties I attended in high school. (As you can see, I've always been an enormous dork!) So, for those of you who know me, be prepared to receive an invitation in March for Rollerskating followed by drinking at a nearby bar...we will most likely need the liquor afterwards. But, let me get back to Saturday night...I looked up roller rinks on the internet and found one that was not only close to Doodle's house, but said they were having an 80's retro night! I started having flashbacks to Super Skate and skating around to Freeze Frame. So I made the suggestion to these lovely ladies and we were all excited. We get there and realize that there are NO railiings at this rink. So, we get our skates and all three of us hold hands as we step onto the wood floor. The first lap was a little scary, there were LOTS of balance checks! But by the third lap, it looked like we were doing ok. The only problem I was having is I couldn't remember how to stop! Luckily, there was a wall with four beams on the right side of the rink and I used that to stop my self. Sadly, one of the times I was trying to stop I missed the flat part of the wall and skated into a pole with my right boob...it's bruised now. But by the end of the night I was doing pretty good. I felt like I was going REALLY fast, my hair was blowing behind me. Ms. Doodlebug got paid back for laughing at me at the True Colors concert. She went to step up on the carpet where the benches were and ATE IT!!! Sadly, I didn't see this, but Mother of Three did. I was on the opposite side and looked over and they were both sitting on the floor laughing. Apparently, the fall resembled a baseball player sliding home...face down, arms in over head, sliding on her stomach! Bless her heart, she had carpet burns on her elbows. Luckily, that was the only fall that happened, I was a little disappointed though...Freeze Frame did not get played once.

Until next time...

Single Girl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Skate? In Dallas??

Anonymous said...

I totally remember Super Skate! Wasn't it in Pasadena?

Amanda said...

No, back in the 80's all the kids on the east side of Houston hung out at the local skating rink...Super Skate. That's where we had the majority of our birthday parties. Sadly, it burnt down several years ago. I think they built a new one, but I think it's called something else now.

That's where I bought the red pom poms that were on the toes of my ultra cool white skates!

Amanda said...

It was off of Freeport in North Shore.

Anonymous said...

There is a Super Skate in Dallas. It also burned pretty badly a few years ago but was restored.

Anonymous said...

Yep. That was the one! I was one of those kids...I couldn't remember where it was though cause someone elses' Mom always drove us there.

sublimenigma said...

You're out of control, but totally in a good way.
As a kid, I spent more hours than I can count at Starlite Roller Rink over on the west side of Houston.
The boy went to a skate party last month that I missed due to work. I really want to take him skating now. :)

Rice Spice said...

How freakin' awesome! I am so there for your rollerskating birthday party!