Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's official...

I just looked back at Ginger and confirmed the fact that I am actually one half of a happy couple. I am a...girlfriend. Freaky weird, huh? I can honestly say, this is probably the happiest I've ever been. I should have listened to Movie Buff a long time ago. He's been wanting to fix Ginger and me up for years.

So, now that I've made that announcement, let me tell you about the awesomeness that was Saturday night.

Ginger, Doodlebug and I went to the 999 Eyes Freak Show. If this show ever comes back to Houston, you all have to go. It was CRAZY!!! The band was great, the performers were awesome, and the beer was cold. The three of us went with the thought, "This is either going to be really cool or it's really going to suck." Lucky for us it was REALLY COOL. The show started off with That Damn Band, which is a "gypsy, jug band" from Austin, TX. We saw, Lobster Girl, The Human Tripod, The Elephant Man, a sword swallower, and a human block head. The human blockhead was a tid-bit disturbing as she was hammering nails in her face and for some reason she was tattooed to look like a tiger. The whole time she was up there, I kept wanting to say..."Sorry Roger, you tiger now." I'm not sure what tiger stripes had to do with putting nails in your face, but I guess that's her thing. The three of us had such a good time. I can't remember the last time I laughed like I did Saturday night. It could have had a lot to do with the multiple shots of jager I had. I love the fact that I'm dating someone who appreciates jager as much as I do!

Apparently The Mother has decided that she is going to cook on Sundays and would like all of us to get together. I'm so glad that she has started this weekly gathering. I guess The Sister and I are actually grown-ups now. We can sit in a room and talk shit to each other and it doesn't end with a glass of water being thrown across the room. Being an adult is kinda cool. Anyway, so life is good...no, life is amazing right now.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Until next time...

Single Girl

3 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

I do believe it maybe time to change the name of your blog dear!!! you sound like your having a ball good for you! xx

Rice Spice said...

Princess is right! A blog title name is in order!!! I'm very happy for you!!! As long as he's good to you, I won't have to kick his ass...haha.

Rice Spice said...

Oh...I meant a "blog title name CHANGE is in order". Damn typos!