Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Here is a Paw Paw update...

He's doing great! I went to the hospital last night and he looked fabulous! He was out of surgery and back in his room by 10am yesterday and, just like with his hip, they already had him up walking around. It's amazing. Last night was the first time in a LONG time that Paw Paw and I got to just sit and talk to each other. We talked about politics and I told him about Ginger. I told him that we would go to his house once he got home and was able to get around better. I really do need to spend more time with Paw Paw.

I think I've posted before about when The Mother divorced the sperm-donor Paw Paw built a house for The Mother, The Sister and me on my grandparent's property behind their house. Well, I was telling Ginger this last night and I was explaining that Paw Paw is usually really quiet. I know why he was always so quiet, on the acre of property that I grew up on lived...

Paw Paw
Nanny
The Mother
The Sister
Me
Cookie - a female miniature schnauzer
Gypsy - a female border collie mix

OK, look at all the names. Do you notice that he was the only male on the property. He's so quiet because he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a word in edgewise. Bless his heart, he was drowning in a sea of estrogen! I can't say enough good things about him...I wish everyone could have a grandfather like mine!

Until next time...

Single Girl

P.S. Rice Spice and I have decided to blog every day for a month. We realize this is usually done in November, but we don't care.

3 comments:

Rice Spice said...

Yay for Paw Paw!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Yay for Paw Paw from me, too! And, hey, more then one male was on that property. There was that damn bird and Jerry! Haha! But, really, Jerry just counted as one of us. Oh my goodness! Poor Cookie and her damn dye allergy. And, I still miss Gypsy. That was a fine dog! And they both put up with all of us (and Megan's friends! Or Rachelle, as she was known for a bit there)! Oh, man! I miss those days sometimes.

I am so glad for Paw Paw! Hey, and who couldn't use a few new joints every now and again! I need to call you! I am going to!

Princess Pixybell said...

Great to hear that your Paw Paw is doing so well, he sounds lovely one of those gramps who when you were a kid your friend always had and you always wanted to spend time at their houses much to the bewilderment of your friend! glad hes ok xx