Friday, January 25, 2008

WTF!!!

OK, I love Sex and the City! I never missed it on Sunday nights, I still watch reruns of it and still laugh like it's the first time I've seen that episode. But, I've often wondered what they were thinking with some of Carrie's outfits. I mean seriously! Miranda always looked great in her business suits, Charlotte always looked classic, Samantha was the epitome of slutty couture but I never understood some of the choices for Carrie's wardrobe. I was reading Dlisted.com this morning and came across this...

What the hell is this??? It looks like an enormous scrunchie! Why would anyone design and sew a hair decoration for your body. Is it just me, or does this look totally ridiculous? I seem to remember and episode where Carrie was talking to Burger about the book he had written and was teasing him that no self-respecting New York woman would run around the city with her hair pulled back in a scrunchie. Well, I'd rather see the hair in a scrunchie than that monstrosity that she's wearing in the above promo picture. Don't even get me started on those God-awful shoes!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

What kind of GD outfit is that?!?! I keep thinking of an air-filled Miss America sash. So hideous. The shoes I can deal with...if it were worn with some classy Chanel tweed suit - almost like bringing a trendiness to a classic look. I'm not loving it, but I can dig it. But not with that shiny dress only a early '90s back-up singer would wear. Awful!

Rice Spice said...

Oh...and the gloves?!?! Egads!