Thursday, January 3, 2008

I WANNA ROCK!!!

I am a dork. Did you know that? But, I think I out-dorked myself New Year's day. Santa Claus was extra good to my nephews this year and brought them a Wii and the evil Guitar Hero. I have never been a "gamer." I've never really understood the obsession with video games, until now. New Year's eve I tried this game thinking, "How hard could it be?" People, I was on the easiest level and got booed 1/4 of the way through "Welcome to the Jungle." The Sister told me to watch how it was done...she had had a lot of practice that day, so I watched her and the boys play and was envious of their talent. I went over there the next day and Thing 1 and 2 were playing some stupid Star Wars game and I told The Sister, "Go tell them it's our turn." So she did. WE KICKED THE CHILDREN OFF THE GAME SO WE COULD GET OUR GUITAR HERO FIX!!! How sad is that. So I had the guitar in my hand and saw that one of my favorite bands was on the list...Social Distortion, "Story of My Life." (I got half way through that one.)Then I decided to stand up and played Kiss, "Rock & Roll All Night" and I made it through the entire song. That was it...I was addicted!!! Every time one of us would play the other would scream, "HELL YEAH!!!" I got so good, on one of the breaks in the music I did a spin THEN while I played, I threw in the very cool guitarist kick. I so should have been a rock star. Is it sad that I'm 31 years old and want to buy a Wii just so I can get better on Guitar Hero so I can out-play my 10 year old nephew?

The Sister and I have already decided what the next purchase will be for the Wii...Dance Dance Revolution. Things could get dangerous.

Until next time...

Single Girl

0 comments: