Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've been replaced.

I was informed last night that Thing 1, 2 and 3 have decided that they like Ginger more than they like me. They like him more because he's good at playing video games, Nevermind the fact that Aunt Single Girl buys the best gifts, takes them to the movies, lets them use her as a jungle gym...because I have crappy hand/eye coordination, I've been replaced. Last night, I asked Thing 3 to come and give me a hug and he told me NO, but Ginger just looked at him and there goes Thing 3 climbing up in his lap, touching his beard. What's up with that???

Ok, so enough about my nephews not understanding, "Blood is thicker than water."

I realized the other day that I am around the same age as the ex was when we first started dating and when we broke up he told me that I was going to end up exactly like him. When we first got together he was 32 and didn't trust anyone. It took him 2 years to even tell me he loved me. I realized yesterday, that he was right. I have become very similar to how he was when we first met. I don't trust anyone, I won't allow myself to open up and let anyone in, I freak out at the notion of one of the nicest guys I've ever met actually having feelings for me. I haven't always been this way. At one time, I trusted everyone, was everyone's friend and would go into a relationship with an open heart. Sadly, I have not made the best decisions when choosing people to date. I've been hurt, used, abused, etc... And because of these people, I have not allowed myself to really care about anyone outside of my family. But, for some reason I trust Ginger. As scary as this is, there is something different about this one. I was talking to Movie Buff yesterday and he told me out of all their friends, Ginger and I were the two that he always hoped would find someone. The strangest part of this pairing is that Ginger and I have actually hung out several times over the past 11 years. So, I have been asking myself...why now? Why didn't we ever exchange numbers before? But, I've decided to quit asking so many questions, quit freaking out, and quit making myself crazy. I'm going to go with it and let whatever is suppoesd to happen - happen.

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

Rice Spice said...

I think it's great that you guys are spending so much time together. As for the fact that you are just now getting close to him after all these years, sometimes it's just the way it happens. Remember, Boyfriend and I were friends and hung out for years (I was even his wing woman at various times) and then one day things were just..."different". Life is funny that way...