Saturday, February 14, 2009

Corvettes, Boats and Ball Sacks.

I recently got back in contact with a friend that I dated about 10 years ago. He and I were able to remain friends after we realized that we were not meant to be together. I went to his wedding reception and his father's funeral. But, like a lot of friendships, we lost touch after a while. I probably haven't seen him in 6 years and I haven't talked to him in about 5.

So, he and I have been talking to each other for the past week. Catching up on what's going on in each other's world. I, found out that the toddler I saw 6 years ago is now a 7 year old little boy and that he has a 2 year old little girl. When he found out I was single, he told me that he had a friend that he thought I might like. I asked him to tell me a little about this guy and all he said was..."He works with me." Then I asked him, "How old is he?" I was told, "In his 40's." Reluctantly I said, "OK, tell him to call me."

So, he called me last night...

The conversation started off like all conversations do when you don't know each other. Then, it got interesting...

Me: So where are you from, you don't sound like you're from Houston.
Guy: Well, my mom is Indonesian and my father is Dutch. I was born in Indonesia, then we moved to Holland. Then when I was nine, my parents decided to come to America. So we got on a boat and came to the U.S. We went through New York and then got on a train and came to Houston.
In Mandy's head: That's weird, why would they travel by boat?
Me: Really, that's pretty interesting.

**More conversation**

Guy: I've done a lot of traveling.
Me: Oh really, where have you been?
Guy: Spain, England, Holland, Indonesia, Australia, Vietnam...
Me: Vietnam? Why did you go to Vietnam?
Guy: To kill people...
Me: You fought in Vietnam?
Guy: Yeah, why?
Me: How old are you?
Guy: 59.
Me 59!?!?!? What do you mean you're 59?
Guy: I thought he told you how old I was.
Me: HE TOLD ME YOU WERE IN YOUR 40'S!
Guy: How old are you?
Me: 32!
Guy: I have a lot of friends that are your age. Don't worry, I don't look 59.
In Mandy's head: OH MY GOD! There is less of an age difference between this man and my Paw Paw than the two of us.
Guy: Did he tell you that I have three corvettes?
Me: No, he didn't mention that.
In Mandy's head: I don't care how many Corvettes you have, you dirty old man. You're older than my mom!
Guy: I also have four boats.
Me: Oh yeah, that's cool.
In Mandy's head: OK dude, quit telling me about your money. That's just tacky, and you're old enough to be my father.
Guy: I gave my son the acre of property next to mine so he could build a house.
Me: Wow, that was nice.
In Mandy's head: What, are you about to tell me..."I'm kind of a big deal."
Guy: Blah, blah, blah. (At this point this is all I hear.)
In Mandy's head: Oh my God, what is this guy saying? All I can think about is old, saggy balls. I bet he doesn't take baths anymore, for fear that his balls will float.
Mandy: Well, I have to be going.
Guy: OK...call me tomorrow?
Mandy: Sure.
In Mandy's head: There is no way in hell I'm calling you tomorrow.

I haven't talked to my friend yet, but make no mistake, he will pay for this!

Until next time...

Mandy

4 comments:

sublimenigma said...

It was the mention of ball sacks in the title that caught my eye...
I wasn't disappointed.
heh

Dirty old men.
When I'm in my 70's I hope to be the kind of dirty old man who is cute enough in how he does it to get away with the occasional slap on the ass or minor grope.
My grandad managed it...I just don't know how.

Floating ballsacks...really...that's just hilarious.

Janet said...

OH MY GOD! I could not do 59. No way. Not quite as old as my dad, but almost. And apparently a little stuck on himself as well. Your friend needs a smack in the head for that one.

Princess Pixybell said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, that really made me smile. I can just see your little smiley face screwing up at the corners thinking EYAK dirty dirty old man. In my head I'd be thinking SHOW ME THE MONEY haha. Please please let us know what your friend says and you HAVE to get him to email you a picture. Thanks for making my dull day brighter I'm still laffing at the saggy balls hahah xx

Karen M. Peterson said...

Oh my gosh, seriously! Gross!

About a year and a half ago I signed up for one of those online singles sites and for MONTHS the only guys I ever heard from were at least 15 years old than me. One was 62. Um...yeah...I am still looking for my FIRST husband. I'd really rather him not be eligible for Social Security.