Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And They Wonder Why

Republicans wonder why people are leaving the party...I'll tell you why people are leaving...because all of the elected officials are effing hypocrites.

I am so SICK of every time a friggin' political sex scandal happens, it's a member of the Republican party. You know, the party that says it stands for "Family Values." Last time I checked, valuing your family did not include screwing around on your wife!

And

The party that stresses that marriage should be defined as "one man and one woman." Isn't it funny how many gay sex scandals have happened over the past couple of years and they've all been Republicans.

Here's my advice...

Put down your guns...No one is going to take your right to bear arms away from you.

Let abortion go...Even if Roe vs. Wade is overturned, abortions are still going to happen. Just illegally and women will end up dying. I understand that you don't believe in abortion, all I have to say is...DON'T HAVE ONE! Or, if you are that adamant about abortion being illegal, you need to put your name on the "would like to adopt an unwanted baby list."

Get off the marriage high horse. If two men want to get married, LET THEM...THEY ARE NOT HURTING ANYONE! And, if you are still worried about the "sanctity of marriage" then you need to outlaw divorce and adultery.

And finally...

Quit letting the Religious Right control our party.

We need to get back to what the Republican Party once stood for...MORE PEOPLE, LESS GOVERNMENT!

Seriously, if things don't start changing within our party, there will be one less member in Texas...I should probably start researching Libertarians.

Until next time...

Mandy

7 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm basically a Libertarian. The only reason I haven't changed parties is that California still has a closed primary. If they ever change, I'll either go Libertarian or Independent.

The problem with Republicans vs. Democrats in sex scandals isn't that Republicans have them and Dems don't. It's that no one is surprised when Democrats are discovered. And you're right, it's mainly because they aren't on their moral high horse.

I believe this is a Christian country founded on Christian principles. But the main thing is that this is a free country where "that government is best which governs least."

Where are the Thomas Paines and the Benjamin Franklins and the Thomas Jeffersons?

Glamour Girl said...

Well said Mandy! About a month ago I heard Whoopie Goldberg say on the View, "If you don't like gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person!"

Makes so much sense to me! Why do so many people think that they can force their beliefs on others? What would they be saying if someone tried to FORCE them to do something they didn't want to do or didn't believe in?

YOUR FRIEND said...

Holy Moly! You sound like me! We all know I am a Democrat, but I have some issues with my party. However, I think what you speak of are major problems for the GOP. I am not quite sure they are progressing the way the younger (under 50) members of the party are. Times change, standards change, the world changes. It has to or it would implode on itself.

It's really cool, though, that you are open minded enough to explore other political options, and you aren't scared to make a stand about it. It's pretty cool!

All that being said, Nanny may come haunt you any minute now! Haha!

You damn liberal Republican. How dare you! Don't you know you are supposed to hate everyone except older, straight (or at least in the closted) white males and God! Haha. Just kidding.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Okay, that person who commented was me, Laura! Apparently using a different link logged me in as Jody. Very odd. So, that's me, not Jody. To bad I signed out before I nosed around. Dammit!

Amanda said...

I was wondering how Jody knew Nanny. But you're right, I think Nanny's urn fell off the shelf when I hit the publish button.

I've always been more left socially, but the party I've affiliated myself with since I was 18 is disappointing me to no end.

d.g. said...

This is why I'm not affiliated with ANY political parties and/or beliefs -- same goes for religion. It's not just the Republicans that are the problem, though as Karen pointed out, no one is surprised when a Democrat does something deplorable. I simply can't support any group that doesn't "practice what they preach." You know me, I'm not Miss Innocent or anything, so it has nothing to do with morals. I just feel that if you're going to insist that your way of life is right and proper, it should actually BE your way of life, and not just pretty words to make you look like a saint when you are really Satan's spawn in disguise. /shrug

TMass said...

Hey Mandy, first thanks for reading my blog... Just had to comment on this entry because I totally agree. Though I am somewhat a moderate Dem, I believe that the more you push the idealistic views of your party on people as the realistic behavior they should be engaging in, the more you are asking for trouble. Flawed are we all and like most Americans we are sick of our representatives on both side treating us like we should strive to meet their fumbled state of perfection.

Great post and keep writing...you're awesome!