Monday, July 6, 2009

Live Music, Old Friends, New Friends and Beer

LOTS OF BEER.

Here is my weekend in pictures...



Laura and me. We have known each other since the 4th grade. She now lives in Austin but she was in Houston on Thursday night because her boyfriend's band was playing at Walter's On Washington.

This is Laura's boyfriend, Jody. He is total sexiness! (Good job, Laura!)

Here are The Wooden Birds on stage. There wasn't an ugly one amongst them...the guy with the guitar is quite hot.

This was strange...all of the girls were wearing black shirts, blue jeans (laura was wearing jean shorts) ond converse.

D.G., a.k.a. Hoochie, and me. I have known her since 1992.

Terra and me.

Uh oh...look who else met us out. It is none other than Sublime Enigma. We have been reading each other's blogs since 2007. Now that we've hung out once we will have to do it again. And seriously, how cute is he???

This is JoLyn and me. We went out Saturday night, because what better way to celebrate Independence Day than drinking and dancing at a bar.

This is Abraham and me. We went to high school together, he was also my boy in my senior dance. Bless his heart, he actually lifted me back in 1994. (I was much smaller back then) He is now in a country band called Misbehavin. They play a good mixture of old country and new country. Abraham even threw in a little Motown, "These Arms of Mine." If you're into country music and you live in or around the Houston area you should check his band out.
So there you have it. The holiday was great, but now it's back to work to recover from the weekend.
Until next time...
Mandy



4 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Looks like so much fun!

I spent the 4th of July in a 32 ft long tin box surrounded by cardboard. Jealous much?

Terra said...

i had a blast that night!!n can't wait to do it again. :)

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

We so have to do it again! That was so fun. And, my man, he is a sexy one, if I do say so myself. Kenny's pretty cute (that's the lead singer). His shirt wassss very British!

We have to do it again. I had so much fun!

d.g. said...

I've been so busy at work, I haven't had time until now to check out what's going on in the ol' blogosphere.

I had a blast, too! It was nice to see everyone and not be a freakin' HERMIT for once, ha!