Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not a Good Way To Start the Day.

I get to work this morning and I walk through the door and the conversation goes like this...

Boss man: Don't touch anything.
Me: What are you talking about?
Boss man: We've been robbed!!!
Me: What?
Boss man: Look around, all the monitors are gone.
Me: Oh my God, how did they get in here.
Boss man: They broke the window in your office and came in that way.
Me: Wow, that sucks!

My boss' wife goes and buys new monitors and the police came out and looked at everything blah, blah, blah. The worst part is, the rain picks today to come. So, Houston, TX is beyond humid. AND, since there is a big hole in the window in my office, that means that all the humidity is making itself at home in my office. Want proof... This is my hair normally. Straight and shiny! This is what I looked like when I left my house this morning. This look makes me happy. :)




This is my look today. Not straight, not shiny...it's borderline 'froish. This look does not make me happy. :(
I hope y'all are having a better day than I am.
Until next time...
Mandy



6 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Love the before and after pics. :-)

My morning started when I woke up late and realized I had 10 minutes to take a shower, do something with my hair, get dressed, get in the car, and stop for gas before getting on the freeway.

Anonymous said...

oh, this is great!!!

Janet said...

LOL! Too funny! On a positive note, your bangs are growing out nicely. And why would someone steal all the monitors? Seems to me that's the part of the computer that's the biggest and worth the least?

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Hahaha! Hahahaha! I am sorry, but I am laughing at your hair. Oh, how I miss Houston. Hahahaha. That is why Texas hair is so big, we have no choice most of the time.

And, I agree about the monitors. Aren't those pretty easy to come by? I have three that I don't use.

But, back to your hair. hahahahahaha. Sorry, that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!! I'M SORRY, I CAN'T HELP IT, THE "AFTER" PICTURE LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE "ROUGH NIGHT" MUG SHOTS THAT WE ALL HAVE SEEN ON D-LISTED. YOU'VE DEFINITELY GOT THE "ELVIS" SNARL GOING ON.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH,
MANDY'S MOM

d.g. said...

What's REALLY funny is that for most people, the "after" shot would be their "before" shot, and vice versa! But not here, in god forsaken Texas, oh no! I feel your pain, and I try to compensate by using copious amounts of mud or gel or paste or egg whites and glue or whatever the hell I can concoct to attempt to subdue the hair. Still doesn't work, though. Gah, I hate humidity!

And dude ... the monitors? What a bunch of douchebags.