Monday, June 22, 2009

A Story That Always Makes Me Laugh

I will not be naming any names in this story, when you get done reading it you'll understand why.

There was a time when I went through a "cowgirl phase." I wore Rocky Mountains and Ropers and went dancing every weekend and for some reason I was extremely attracted to guys in Wranglers with the phrase "Grand Champion Steer" written on their belt buckle. My BFF at the time introduced me to this world...She also introduced me to two team ropers, we'll call them Header and Heeler...because that's what you do when you team rope...one ropes the head (The Header) and one ropes the back feet (The Heeler.) Now, let me tell you this one little tidbit of information, BFF and I were borderline stalkers. We knew which roping arena these guys were at every night of the week. If there was a small rodeo...we were there. And, if they weren't at a roping arena, then our mission for the night was to find them...and we usually did. (Our stalking abilities at 18 years old were astounding.) Oh, don't get me wrong, they'd throw us a bone every now and then and come and visit us, but it was usually us hunting them down...like dogs.

So, one night BFF got a page (does this tell you how long ago this was.) and it was The Ropers. So, we invited them over to my house. Now, the way my old house was set up was...

Street
Circular Driveway
Grandparents House and Carport
Sidewalk and Swimming Pool
My house

So, we had the guys pull up in front of the carport...right under the enormous, motion activated flood light, right next to my grandfather's bedroom window.

So, the guys are there and BFF is talking to Header while Heeler and I are sitting on the tailgate of the truck, and I notice that BFF and Header have gotten in the cab of the truck and then Heeler leans over and kisses me. So, he and I started making out. Then out of nowhere, my mother power walks up to the truck...

Mom: MANDY...GET OVER HERE NOW!
Mandy: What?
Mom: These boys have to leave...NOW!
Mandy: What, why?
Mom: Because, your grandmother just called to inform me that Paw Paw just saw BFF giving Header a blow job.
Mandy: WHAT!?!?!?!?
Mom: That's right...So, get them out of here...NOW!

Mandy: (Knocking on the door of the truck) BFF, Header and Heeler have to go.
BFF: Why?
Mandy: Because Paw Paw just saw you going down on Header.
BFF: Just tell him I had my head in his lap.
Mandy: Dude, your head was bobbing up and down...what am I supposed to tell him, that Header was tapping his foot to the beat of the music???

Let me tell you, this was not funny at the time...but looking back on it now, Mom, BFF and I will laugh until we have tears rolling down our faces.

Until next time...

Mandy

5 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad you are all able to laugh about it. I would have been so mortified I would have forbidden anyone to ever speak of it again!

Anonymous said...

IT'S FUNNY......NOW. THEN, NOT SO MUCH. I'LL NEVER FORGET THE LOOK ON YOU'RE GRANDFATHER'S FACE!! LORDY, LORDY, LORDY!!!!!!

MANDY'S MOM

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Hahaha! I know who it was. And I can not imagine PawPaw's face. Hahahaha! I would love to have seen Nanny's!

Amanda said...

I love to have heard Paw Paw use the term "blowjob."

d.g. said...

Oh, my ...

BWAH HA HA HA HA!