Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hotter than Hell

You want to know what's hotter than hell...HOUSTON, TX. It is ninety-effin'-four degrees in Houston, TX today, and that's actual temperature...that's not "feels like" temperature. The "feels like" temperature is ONE HUNDRED DEGREES! That's right folk, we are only in the third week in June and we are already approaching triple digits and there is no rain in sight. I'm no meteorologist, but the weather being this warm does not give me warm fuzzies about hurricane season. The warmer the gulf, the more severe the storms. I have a feeling the phrase "sweating like a whore in church" will be used quite frequently this summer.

Until next time...

Mandy

3 comments:

d.g. said...

YES, it IS hotter than HELL, and I am NOT HAPPY, not one little bit! I can already tell I'm going to spend the summer sweaty, overheated, red-faced and miserable ... GAH!

We should just move to Antarctica ... I like penguins.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Wow! It's been COLD here in California. I went out at lunch and had to wear a sweatshirt because it was barely 60 degrees!

Global warming, my ass!

Anonymous said...

Right about now I'd trade you. I've just started wearing shorts this week. But, I'm sure after a few weeks of your weather I'd be happy to come back to the cooler temps.