Thursday, August 13, 2009

Creepiness and Cake

I have had a couple of people ask me, "Who is Cake Girl?"

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, Sublime Enigma and I have been reading each other's blogs since 2007 and he has become one of my favorite bloggers. I was lucky enough to meet him last month at The Wooden Birds Show at Walter's on Washington...fun times. Anyway, one of my favorite posts was about a birthday gathering for a girl he was seeing at the time and after that gathering she was called Cake Girl.

If you are not a regular reader of Mr. Enigma, you really should check is page out. There is good stuff there.

Until next time...

Mandy

*Sublime Enigma - If you would like me to take the links off, please let me know.

5 comments:

sublimenigma said...

No way, leave them. You rock.
I keep coming back here for the same exact reason, because I love your blog and the things you write.

Oh, and we should hang out again soon. I don't look like Mr. Rogen so I should be safe. ;p

Amanda said...

You might not look like my man, Seth, but you do look a little like this guy I went out with a couple of times...it didn't work out, so you should be OK. You should only start to worry if I rescue another canine and name it Enigma...or some other variation of your name. :)

d.g. said...

Ok. So, yeah. The cake thing is creepy. Having a celebrity crush is ... NOT so creepy. I mean, really. How many guys do you know that would STILL have posters on their bedroom (or even living room, gasp!) walls of Angelina Jolie or whoever the hell the guys are into ogling these days, were it not for their girlfriends/wives/mothers/therapists who said "That is totally tacky. You are 35 years old. Go buy some real artwork."? Am I right? Of course I am. And they also subscribe to Playboy or Maxim or whatever, and turn into a drooling zombie when said hot chick appears on TV. So, please. Enough of the double-standard.

Wearing food on your face in public while soliciting compliments is ... wack. Digging Seth Rogen is not. The end.

Amanda said...

Did you say Wack? Wow, I haven't heard that in a minute. You should totally bring Wack back. Hopefully you're more successful than I was in my attempt to make Yo a popular expression. (i.e. What it do, Yo?)

d.g. said...

I'm glad you like it! My usage of the completely under-utilized and totally versatile word "wack," that is. If that's even how you spell it ... I sometimes think maybe it's actually "whack?" Or is that when you smack someone, like "I whacked Chris in the head with a chainsaw?" Hmmm ...

Regardless of the proper spelling (which I could Google, but ... meh), it's a great word to use when someone does something absolutely ridiculous. "Dude ... crack is wack, ya know?" I get a lot of laughs ... but only from 30-somethings ... which makes me feel old ... but whatever.