Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What...That Was Creepy?

Two and a half years ago I met this guy at a bar, he was a friend of a friend. The whole night we were flirting back and forth and he was buying me drinks blah, blah, blah. Then I looked down and noticed the class ring on his hand.

Mandy: Oh, what school did you go to?
Matt: C.E. King
Mandy: No, your ring. What college did you go to?
Matt: I didn't go to college.
Mandy: But your ring says 2004.
Matt: Yeah, that's when I graduated high school.
Mandy: WHAT!?! I graduated from high school in 1994!
Matt: So.
Mandy: What do you mean, so? How old are you?
Matt: I'm 21.
Mandy: Oh my GOD!!! I am 31 years old...thanks for the drinks, but I have to go.

Fast forward two and a half years...I walk into the same bar to hang out with the same friends I was hanging out with two and a half years earlier and guess who was standing with my friends...yep, Matt. But this time, he was two and a half years older.

Matt: Hey Amanda, how have you been.
Mandy: Good, you?
Matt: Good, I have a daughter now.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH small talk BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.
Mandy: You know what, you look a lot like Seth Rogen.
Matt: Really, is that a good thing?
Mandy: You have no idea. Seth Rogen is my ultimate celebrity "would ya?"
Matt: Oh yeah.
Mandy: Yep. Well, I have to go. I'm meeting friends out. You should come we're going to go to several different bars.
Matt: OK, sounds good. Can I get your number?
Mandy: Sure.

So, I give him my number. And we start texting and calling. I would even refer to him as my little Mexican Seth Rogen. The texting and calling went on for about two weeks. Then, we decided to hang out one Sunday afternoon at my house. He told me that he would bring the movie, Pineapple Express and we would order a pizza, etc.

He gets to my house and this is what happens.

Mandy: *opening the door, holding my dog.* Hi, come on in.
Matt: *patting the dog on the head* Hey, who is this?
Mandy: This is Rogen.
Matt: Rogen?
Mandy: Yeah, you know like Seth Rogen.
Matt: Oh, ok. Look, I brought the movie.
Mandy: Oh, good.
*I order the pizza, put the movie in the DVD player and we sit on the couch.*
Matt: *Looking at the magazines on my coffee table* Wow, you even have magazines with Seth Rogen on the cover.
Mandy: Yeah, whenever I see him on a magazine cover I pick it up.
Matt: Oh.

So, the pizza gets delivered, we eat and watch the rest of the movie.

Matt: Well, I'm going to go. I have a lot of stuff to get together for work.
Mandy: Oh, OK. Are you sure?
Matt: Yeah. I'll call you later.

And I never heard from him again. Then, my friend Jeremy called me a couple of days later...

Jeremy: So, how did it go with Mexican Seth Rogen?
Mandy: I thought it went OK, but I haven't heard from him?
Jeremy: Really, that's weird.
Mandy: I know.
Jeremy: What did y'all do?
I recapped everything from the movie to the pizza to the quick exit.
Jeremy: Oh my God Mandy. Do you still have your Seth Rogen Magazines out?
Mandy: Yes.
Jeremy: And y'all were watching a Seth Rogen movie?
Mandy: Yes.
Jeremy: And your little dog Rogen was sitting on the couch with y'all?
Mandy: Yes.
Jeremy: Mandy, Hun, you creeped that poor boy out.
Mandy: What? No way.
Jeremy: Think about it, you told him he looked like Seth Rogen, you invited him over to your house where you have a borderline shrine to him.
Mandy: Oh wow, I never thought about that. I think this is the first time I've ever been creepy.
Oh my God, do you think he was counting the minutes until the end of the movie so he could get out of my house before I boiled his bunny?
Jeremy: I wouldn't doubt it.
Mandy: Well, that just sucks.

I've never been creepy girl before. I've always been awesome Mandy that drinks beer and can out raunch guys.

Oh well.

Until next time...

Mandy

8 comments:

Janet said...

This is hilarious! Poor guy was probably a little freaked out. He sounds nice though. Maybe you'll see him out and about again and can reassure him how normal you are.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Yeah. You were Creepy Girl.

But it's completely hilarious!

Maybe he'll still give you a shot. Have you tried calling him?

d.g. said...

Yes, you should call him. If you get his voicemail, just explain that you realize that you looked like Creepy Girl, but you're not, just a huge fan. My thoughts are that a REAL Creepy Girl/Guy isn't going to realize it and/or admit it. I think. =)

Glamour Girl said...

Call him and tell him that you broke up with Seth for him and now you don't understand why he's ignoring you. Oh wait - no, that would be even creepier! haha! Yeah class of '94!

sublimenigma said...

Hilarious! Thank you for telling that story.
You weren't at all creepy when we hung out, but I gotta admit, I'd have hightailed it if I was him.
Sudden family emergency or something. heh

Amanda said...

Thank you all for your comments.

Since he was 24, I really wasn't looking for anything serious...I just figured it would be a fun, fling with a guy that looked like Seth Rogen. Anyway, I have talked to him since then and we text each other on occasion.

Sublime Enigma: Do you know what just hit me..."OH HOLY JESUS, I am this guy's cake girl. GREAT."

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Hahhahahahahah. Hahahahahaha! Hahahahaha. I am sorry, but I am laughing at you, not with you. This is so funny!

sublimenigma said...

OMFG! That's the best reference ever! Ahahah!
I actually laughed out loud here at the office and had minions looking at me.
So awesome!