Wednesday, April 8, 2009

That Explains the Self-Esteem Issues

Apparently, I look like a girl who is perfectly fine with people pointing out her flaws.

There is a convenience store right down the road from my office. I will not lie, I have gone there quite a bit. But, here recently, I don't go as often because I'm trying to lose weight...and convenience stores are chock full of yumminess that fat girls can't resist. I started working out about a month and a half ago, and I've had people tell me that they can tell that I have lost some weight. And then, this happened...

I walk into the convenience store to buy a Diet Coke and some Cheetos. (I know, Cheetos aren't good for you, but I don't eat them that often anymore and they really sounded good today.) So, I go to the front and lay my items on the counter...

Mandy: Hey Singh! How are you today
Singh: *rubbing his stomach* About as good as you are.
Mandy: What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Singh: That we both eat good.
Mandy: What are you talking about, I've been working out and have lost some weight.
Singh: You don't work out.
Mandy: Mother Fucker, yes I do.
Singh: Oh...
Mandy: Thanks for calling me fat.
Singh: I wasn't calling you fat, I just said that you ate well.
Mandy: Mmmhmmm.

So, I have Willie that calls me Clydesdale, the waxing lady that tells me I have "lot hair," and now Convenience Store Singh telling me I'm fat.

Apparently, I'm a beast.

Until next time...

Mandy

5 comments:

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Hahaha! This made me laugh! Oh, isn't life great? Don't you love when people just tell you things like that. You know, you are quite cute! You really are. If you haven't noticed, I don't hang out with ugly people. I like to be that one. So, you should know that you are quite a looker (I am raising my eyebrows here like a pervert!).

I have the same issue at times. My problem is still getting used to Jody telling me I have a big ass. To him, that is the greatest thing on earth. Well, that and jiggle. He likes a girl who jiggles. You know how hard it is to take that as a compliment. But, apparently, my large rear is a good thing to at least one person. Ugh!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I had a DOCTOR once ask me if my favorite hobby was eating.

I never went back.

And I'm pretty sure I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home from the appointment.

Janet said...

I had a date last night, and a he was telling me I had the perfect body, his next statement was, "Yeah, I don't like thin girls." Ummm...I'm not sure how to take that!

d.g. said...

Chris does that, too ... he slaps me on the butt and proclaims it to be a "big ol' ass!" or some other such nonsense, and I have to go to my happy place to avoid bitch-slapping him. Sigh. Yes, you like big butts, but I don't really need a reminder that mine needs its own zip code ...

sublimenigma said...

lmao...not at the post but at the comments.

A friend of mine was once told that she looked "phat".
Problem was that she missed the obvious tone in his pronunciation of the word...well that and she wasn't up on all the local slang at the time.
She slapped him and ran off crying.

Just this last weekend I told a woman she was beautiful, she replied that I was obviously blind...my answer? "I'm still entitled to my opinion"

Hey look...almost a blog entry, and it's not even in my blog...woot!