Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life has been rather rough lately.

I feel as if life is not on my side lately. I'll give you the rundown.


Friday, April 17, 2009 - I did my monthly weigh-in and found that I had gained two pounds and an inch. ARGHHH! When I got home I found a notice on my door saying that there would be a crew working on the apartments. The would be scraping paint off the outside, but we did not need to remove anything from our patios. (This comes into play later in this post.)

Saturday, April 18, 2009 - I understand about April showers bringing May flowers, but the rain storm we got on the 18th was RI-GOD DAMN-DICULOUS! The parking lot of my apartment flooded all the way to the frame of my car and we lost power for a couple of hours. There is only so much you can talk to your dog about. I looked around my apartment and saw all the liquor on my "booze cart" and then I realized..."Damn, I don't have anything to mix any of that with." (I am not a big enough booze hound to drink liquor straight.) So, I took a candle over to my fridge and found I had one Smirnoff Ice. Luckily, the lights came on after I finished milking the Smirnoff. The parking lot was still flooded, so I put a bottle of wine in fridge and had a couple of glasses while I watch "The Holiday."



Friday, April 24, 2009 - I didn't get home until 10:30p and my mom was at my apartment watching Rogen. (I didn't come home after work, so she came by, let him out of his kennel, walked him and stayed at my house until I got home.) While I was driving home, another rainstorm came through the Houston area. So, this time I wasn't sitting at my home watching the rain, I WAS DRIVING IN IT. (Here's a Mandy fun fact: I HATE DRIVING IN RAIN! It makes me a nervous wreck!) I finally get home and start to turn in my parking lot and low and behold...THE PARKING LOT IS FLOODED AGAIN! So, I drive to the parking lot next door, I park in front of one of the stores and decide to walk next to the building, under the awning and then run from the side of the building to my apartment. Once I get to the end of the building I realize...There's a fucking wall built so I have to walk back around the wall and make a run for it. So, I start running and find out that the patch of grass between the strip center and my apartments has ankle deep water. So, I'm running, in ballet flats, in ankle deep water, trying not to get splashed by the idiot drivers going down Nasa Road 1 and I finally make it to the apartment's property, that's when I noticed the water was no longer up to my ankles...it was half-way up my shin. (I probably should mention the lightning. I just knew that a lightning bolt was going to strike me while I was standing in shin deep water!) I finally made it to my front door, I was drenched, I was out of breathe and I was sure that my Ed Hardy purse had been ruined! (Luckily, it dried out and is just fine!)

Monday, April 27, 2009 - I get home from work and notice that a lot of paint has been scraped off my apartment. I think to myself, "Hmmm, I wonder when they're going to paint?" I walk into my home, go up the stairs, let Rogen out of his Kennel and notice something odd...The shelf hanging on the wall is empty. I walk over to where it is hanging and find everything that was on the shelf is now on the floor...AND BROKEN! A ballerina music box that was a gift from my mother, a porcelain ballet slipper, a candle holder and a lead crystal clock. I decided to investigate...I walked outside and noticed that there was a board with no paint on it in the same spot as the shelf. I have called my apartments and apparently I have to contact the regional manager. I'm not sure what they can do, but you don't expect to come home and find your things broken on the floor.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - I am sitting on my couch watching Dancing with the Stars and DVR'ing 90210 and all of a sudden my electricity goes out. I think to myself, "Hmmm, it's not raining, I wonder what the problem is." So, I take Rogen outside and we try to get to the bottom of what's going on. Come to find out, an electrical wire has caught on fire and blew out a transformer. (This is how it was explained to me.) So, I call my mom and tell her what's going on and she tells me to get Rogen and come over to her house. So, I have to get my stuff together...contact case, glasses, face cleaner, contact solution, hair brush and ROGEN'S KENNEL. It really isn't easy trying to get a kennel in the backseat of a mustang, but somehow I did it...YAY ME! We arrive at the mother's home and luckily she has DVR'ed Dancing with the Stars, but not 90210. Around 10p I go to sleep on her couch.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - I wake up, let Rogen out of his kennel, fix a cup of coffee, take Rogen outside, come back in, stretch with my arms up in the air, and then...PAIN! I have thrown my back out...BY STRETCHING! So, I call into work and end up spending the entire day laying on my couch.

I'm at work today...I hope your life is going better than mine.

Until next time...

Mandy

3 comments:

d.g. said...

Gah! When it rains it POURS ... figuratively AND literally! I'm so sorry! =(

Karen M. Peterson said...

Wow! Seriously, that whole one thing after another. I'm sorry about your broken keepsakes. That really sucks. Which is totally a lame word to use to describe something like that.

Things will get better! Just think, May flowers are coming!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Well, wow. You are having one hell of a month. It's over now. So, hopefully, May will treat you a bit better. Oh man. That sucks!