Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

When I was little, Halloween meant pulling out last years dance costumes and figuring out what I wanted to be. In my first dance recital, I did a tap dance to Disco Duck (does that tell you how old I am???) so that Halloween I was a duck sans the disco. One year I was a bird, one year I was the March Hare, I was even a girl from the 50's. But, I wasn't the only one who got to recycle the old dance costumes, my friend Jeanah borrowed one of my old ballet costumes and was a milk maid. But, there were a couple of years I didn't have to rewear those old costumes. For some reason, I had a strange fondness for Casper the friendly ghost and Witchie Poo. So, my awesome mom bought those costumes that felt like plastic with the plastic mask and the elastic string on the back. Am I the only one that always tried to stick my tongue through the little hole in the mask mouth???

I also looked forward to the Halloween specials. Like, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and I remember a Scooby Doo special. But, my favorite was The Worst Witch. Do y'all remember that movie? They always showed it the ENTIRE month of October on HBO. I LOVED IT!!! I think I watched it all the way through my teenage years...and not just once, EVERY TIME IT CAME ON! I was thinking about that movie earlier this month, and then today I was reading Dlisted and saw that Michael K had posted something about it. So, I hope you enjoy a scene from one of my favorite childhood Halloween movies. (And the special effects are awesome! You can totally tell this movie was made in 1986.)



Is it strange that I find Tim Curry EXTREMELY hot???

Happy Halloween y'all!

Until next time...

Mandy

2 comments:

d.g. said...

Thinking Tim Curry is hot doesn't make you strange in itself - you're just strange period. It can't be helped. :P

I don't think I've seen this. Maybe I was living under a rock at that time? Likely.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

I remember it! I think I watched it every time it was on with you! I saw that on dlisted and made Jody watch it whilst I sang. Tim Curry is hot. Of course, I think I would probably go into the weird category with you, so that's not much help.

And, I too tried to put my tongue through the hole in the mask. The gross thing is is that I never had one of my own. I just tongued other people's. Well, that hasn't changed much, has it. Haha!