Friday, October 17, 2008

Hangin' Tough

Last night, Megan and I went to...wait for it...

THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CONCERT!!!!

That's right, I relived my youth with Danny, Donnie, Jordon, Joey and Jon. Believe it or not, it was really good. They sounded good, they all look like they've aged really well, and they still dance while they sing (although, they don't move as fast as they once did.)

During 7th and half of 8th grade, I was IN LOVE with Jordon Knight. I honestly thought I was going to marry him, until Jordon got replaced with Jani Lane. Anyway, the concert was SOLD OUT, the entire Toyota Center was filled with screaming women between the ages of 25-35.. Megan and I both decided that we are going to go this weekend and buy an NKOTB CD.

Until next time...

Mandy

P.S. I've decided that I am going to reinstate my crush on Jordon Knight, not only has he cut that ridiculous rat tail off the back of his head, he has a body to shoot someone for.

*I decided to add a link to a review of the show and a picture gallery from the Chronicle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you were a part of the crowd that I heard described as "making more noise than teenyboppers at a Hannah Montana concert." Hehehehehehehehehehehe! Glad y'all had a good time! I have to say, I was in 6th grade, I think, when I first heard of the New Kids, and I liked them well enough, but I was never really much of a fan. I think it may have had to do with my parents and their love of forcing "their music" on me in those days ... I was probably too busy listening to Billy Joel and David Bowie with my dad to develop a love for NKotB. Hehe.

Princess Pixybell said...

A couple of my friends have tickets for when they reach the UK, but I was never a fan, my sister was though she thought joey was a dish!! I was more into Bros. I always laugh at the childish little dreams I used to have about me marrying Matt haha, O well 33 and still haven't found my Matt haha glad you had fun xx