Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Party & Horrorpops

Have you ever had a weekend where all you did was drink and sleep. Well, that was what last weekend was for me.

Friday after work, I sprinted home to get ready for the Halloween party I attended. Here are some pictures

Me as Rosie the Riveter

Lyndon and Me (He was white trash, notice the mullet.)

This is Adrian and Jeff. (Adrian was a zombie and Jeff was originally going to be Michael Meyers, but decided to be a Michael Jackson victim. As sick as that is, it made me laugh.)

Lyndon got hot, so he took the mullet and the jacket off.

My two best friends...Terra & Lyndon.

Terra, Mindy and Me. (Terra had to work a fall festival that night, so she didn't dress up. Mindy was Wednesday Addams.)
So Saturday I slept until about 4pm, then I got up and got ready for the Horrorpops show. There were three bands playing and they were all really good. The lineup was 7 Shot Screamers, Beat Union, and Horrorpops.

This is my friend Jeremy, he always goes to live shows with me. We have lots of fun, because we both talk about the freaks that are around us. It's kind of mean, but it's our thing.

This is the singer from Beat Union. They are from England and he was VERY HOT! He would talk between songs and I would look at Jeremy and ask, "What the hell is he saying?" to which Jeremy would reply, "Does it matter?" And I would look at the stage then look back at Jeremy and say, "Not really."

This is Patricia Day, and I LOVE HER!!! I think she is gorgeous and I love the fact that she plays the stand up bass. Sadly, I was on the right-hand side of the stage, so all I could get was the back of the bass and her arm.

This is a pretty decent picture of the stage. The gentleman playing the guitar is Patricia's husband, Nekroman. (They are from Denmark, originally.) He also fronts another band, The Nekromantix.

This was during the encore. They come out playing each other's instruments.

Patricia singing.

The whole group of them.

Talking to the audience.
The last song of the night.
Would you like to know what I did Sunday??? I laid on my couch all day, drifting in and out of consciousness. I'm getting too old for two days straight of drunken stupors. You would think I would know better. But other than the hangovers, the weekend was pretty fan-damn-tastic!!!
Until next time...
Mandy
P.S. I know some of the pictures are kind of dark, if you would like to see them better just click on them.

2 comments:

d.g. said...

I'm with you on the getting-too-old-for-drunken-stupors. Sadly, though, for me, it's just plain getting-too-old-to-drink-at-all. I get the WORST hangovers now, that last for about 3 days, which is why I haven't had more than 1 beer at a time in, oh, about a year. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so awesome. Thank you so much for coming. I <3 you!