Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'd like to thank...

So, last week I got a couple of awards! Yay me! Here's the first one...



This is from Karen, because apparently, she likes me, she really likes me! Anyway, here is the description that I stole from her page...

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next,in your blog, list at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!”

So, I have told you who I received this award from. Now, I will list my ten things...

1. I hate when people won't answer their children in public and the kid just continues to say Momma, Momma, Momma...

2. I am child-free by choice and have no plans on changing that.

3. I have never swung a bat.

4. I say that I don't know how to swim. It's easier saying that than I start to freak out if I can't touch bottom. (I guess what I do wouldn't be considered swimming anyway, it's more of dog paddle...but, I can tread water like nobody's business.)

5. Craig Biggio's rookie year was when I was in the 6th grade. I was in LOVE with Biggio and got very upset when he got married. Then, when he retired, I felt REALLY old!

6. My favorite summer was the summer of 1994. I spent every day hanging out with my Nanny, playing Tetris with her and listening to talk radio.

7. I don't feel like I'm 33, I feel more like I'm around 23.

8. I have a feeling I will never get married.

9. I would love to go back to school, but having that much debt scares the hell out of me.

10. I have a scar on my stomach that is about a foot long from a surgery I had after a car accident my senior year. That was 15 years ago and I don't remember what I looked like without it.

Now, here are the people that I am passing this award on to...

Janet

Weenie

Diana

Princess Talula

Brian

Sublime Enigma

Princess Pixybell

Until next time...

Mandy

6 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Summer of 1994 was okay for me. It was the summer after graduation and when I got my first job. It wasn't until about a month in that I was getting seriously ripped off!

Weenie said...

Domo Arigato Goizaimasu! (That means thank you very much in Japanese!) Thanks for the "award"! I'm excited to be mentioned on your blog!

Domo Arigato!
All the way from Japan,
Weenie

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Screw the debt! Go back to school. Just take on of those jobs for a couple of years that wipes out the debt. That would be one of those jobs I didn't take. But, hey, I love debt. Sha!

And, I remember your tummy before your wreck scar. You had your baby surgery scar. You were just destined to have a cool scar! You should say you got it in a gang fight. Although, you almost dying in a wreck is a pretty righteous story. You can always one up people. I am glad you did not die. That would have been a crappy New Orleans trip if you had!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Screw the debt! Go back to school. Just take on of those jobs for a couple of years that wipes out the debt. That would be one of those jobs I didn't take. But, hey, I love debt. Sha!

And, I remember your tummy before your wreck scar. You had your baby surgery scar. You were just destined to have a cool scar! You should say you got it in a gang fight. Although, you almost dying in a wreck is a pretty righteous story. You can always one up people. I am glad you did not die. That would have been a crappy New Orleans trip if you had!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Wait, not your baby surgery-as in you had a baby. Surgery from when you were a baby!

Oh, and why did I post that twice? It must be because I love to hear myself talk.

Reyjr said...

hi! just tracing the origin of this blog award. :D