Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Told You I Don't Like That!

I hate discussing bodily functions, most of you know this. I even tell people when I first meet them, "I don't discuss bodily functions, I pretend they don't exist." Now, if someone made that statement to me, I would avoid poop conversations...Especially if I was trying to "woo" that person.

I have a gentleman calling me at the moment and I have told him about my detest of all things poop related and how I just don't even talk about it. I'm sorry, but there are a lot of things going on in the world right now, talking about poop or anything else of that nature shouldn't be high on your topic list. But oh no, y'all know me, I attract the weirdos...

When talking about his children...

Yep, I've been wiping butts for the past 5 years.

Really, was it necessary to put it that way? I just responded with an "Oh."

After finding out that I don't like the topic of bodily functions...

So, I guess you don't like the word diarrhea...

No, I don't...I think I just made that clear, but why don't you throw in the word fart, just to make this conversation that much more uncomfortable for me.

And here's the discussion from last night...

Him: I had sushi for dinner.
Me: Yum, that sounds good.
Him: Then I went and got some ice cream.
Me: Oh my, you put dairy on top of the raw fish?
Him: Well I didn't eat them together.
Me: But still, that's like eating fish with a milkshake...just the thought of mixing dairy with raw fish makes my stomach turn.
Him: Well, I look at it this way...it all makes the same turd.
Me: Um, gross...that's disgusting.

OK, I know I'm a little freaky weird about the poo talk...but even if I wasn't, the word "turd" is not sexy...I just think if you're trying to woo someone and you want them to go out with you why would you talk about poop?!

Seriously, how do these people find me?

Until next time...

Mandy

3 comments:

d.g. said...

I think a lot of it has to do with having children. Once you've been pooped, peed, puked, and snotted on for so many years, I guess you become desensitized. Gross, but true.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I once had a thirty-ish minute conversation with my recent ex on this very topic. But we'd been dating for awhile. If he had been in the process of trying to get me to go out with him, then ew. Gross. Wouldn't've happened.

sublimenigma said...

Maybe he has a fetish?
You know me...gotta push it over the line...