Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Apparently...It's Me.

As most of my long time readers know, when I first started this little online journal type thing it was basically a "diary" of being single after a six year relationship. So, I joined an online dating site. Personally, I think online dating is an awesome way for people over 30 to meet others in their age bracket also the city of Houston is large and not just our population...I have no idea how many square miles Houston, TX is, but take my word for it, it would take you several hours to drive around the entire city...so online dating lets you meet people on the other side of the city that you would have never had the opportunity to meet had it not been for the internet. The last time around, I think I did it for 6 or 7 months then I decided to give it a rest, but I knew I would most likely try it again.

So, here we are. A friend of mine and I decided that we were both going to join sites...she joined Yahoo, which is the one I used the last time and I joined Match. She, is now talking to two different guys...one is a very cute IT guy that works for a lawyer in the galleria area and another guy who is hotter than Georgia asphalt and owns an international heavy equipment company, so he travels all over the world.

How have I done, you ask? Well, let me tell you...the first guy seemed promising, but it didn't pan out. The second guy...he's a toll booth operator! And today, today I was contacted by a lovely gentleman. Here's an excerpt of his profile...

a perfect match 4 me wud be a girl dats open about almost anything, n has a beautiful personality n cute feet, i do have have a foot fetish, but im not crazy with it r weird about it
How do these people find me? This is actually copied and pasted from his profile...his whole profile is chock full of dis, dat and im lookin 4. I'm sorry, but he's 33 years old, why does he feel the need to speak like that? And seriously, who just puts it out there they like feet? I mean don't get me wrong, I'll take a good toe sucking any day, but that's besides the point. :)
Freaks and potheads...I guess I need to go invest in some pedicures and some grow lights.
Until next time...
Mandy

8 comments:

terra said...

the stelly's are lookin good right about now, huh?

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

I don't no, hez soundin sexxxy 4 sho!
I meet mine online, and he's super duper and looks awesome naked. You know those are my standards..amazing naked and super duper and online! Oh yeah!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I have had ZERO luck with Match. Unless you're looking for crazy, freaky people, it's really not that great.

d.g. said...

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are just way more "freaks" out there than normal people these days? I mean, it's totally not a problem for me, because I like weirdos, but still ... there is a line, and it seems like all the guys that are finding you have not just toed the line, or even barely stepped across it, but rather hurtled themselves as far across as possible, beyond the realm of "weird" and well into "what-the-FUCK?!?" territory. What can I say? You are a magnet for such oddities.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Try Craigslist! Seriously. Try it. At least you will get some good stories if you don't get a datable guy!

sublimenigma said...

Houston = 600sq miles

Also, try okcupid. I had the one crazy, but I also met Barista on there, and she and her roommate have both had good luck on that site.

Somehow I had the idea that Match was all respectable and whatnot...apparently I was wrong.

Janet said...

I'm less bothered by the foot fetish than by the grammar. I just have no tolerance for someone who writes like that. You're there to sell yourself. Type out the freakin' words.

dangerkitty said...

I met Geek Boy in Match. And even being the weirdo magnet that I am, I didn't encounter a whole lot of freaks. There are nice, normal guys on Match...I swear! :-)