Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 3 of 30

I really didn't want to workout tonight. This is usually what happens when I start working out, I do it for a couple of days and then I'm like screw it, I want to sit on my couch, watch TV and eat some cheetos. But, I didn't do that. I made myself put on my workout wear...boxer shorts (the best thing about doing workout videos), tank top and tennis shoes. I turned on my TV and DVD player and Jillian and I started working out. Like I've said before, this video is only 20 minutes long...

Warm up
6 minutes of strength training
2 minutes of cardio
1 minute of abs
Repeat 3 times
Cool Down

So, about halfway through I look at the clock and think to myself...ok, you can do this, just 10 more minutes.

In just three workouts I have come to realize there are some pros and cons of trying to workout in your home

Pros:
1. I can wear boxer shorts and no one sees me.
2. I don't have an audience watching me sweat and breathe like James Gandolfini.
3. I can immediately collapse on my big, comfy couch.
4. I don't have to change clothes or shower in a communal locker room.

Cons:
1. My apartment sits 6' off the ground, so when I jump it makes everything vibrate.
2. My apartment is approximately the size of a shoebox, so I have to rearrange my living room every time I want to work out.
3. When I do jumping jacks or simulate jumping rope, I have to make sure Rogen isn't in the way...I would hate to squish him in my quest for fitness.
4. When I lay on the floor to do the ab sections, Rogen thinks this is the optimum time to lick my face, arms, and hands. So, while I'm trying to catch my breath and do crunches, I'm also saying, "No, Rogen." "Quit licking, Rogen." "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...GO GET ON THE COUCH, ROGEN!" And then I feel bad for yelling at my little boy.

So far, three days in I'm pretty sore, but I also feel pretty good.

27 more days to go!

Until next time...

Mandy

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

What's weird is that I find I'm more likely to work out if I have to actually go somewhere. There are too many distractions at home.

Congrats on surviving three days!