Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Challenge

I have recently been reading a blog written by a girl I went to high school with. Actually, we started out in preschool together. Just like so many classmates, we lost touch until the advent of myspace and facebook. We don't regularly comment on each other's posts , but one day I saw that she posted a link to a new blog she started called 30 Minutes for 30 Days. I thought to myself, "Wow, that's awesome! Maybe I should try that." So, that is what I intend to do.

Starting Monday, February 15, 2010, I will start my 30 in 30. I plan on following her same plan...

30 minutes of exercise a day for 30 days straight, and if I miss a workout, I will make it up with an added 2 days to the challenge.

I've stated here before that I hate, loathe and detest working out, so this is a huge challenge for me. What normally happens is I start, go about 2 days then I'm all...Fuck a big, bunch of this, I'm needing some couch time! So, I plan on posting a blog after every workout, just to keep me honest. You know they say it takes 21 days to form a habit, so you never know, maybe this will be the beginning of a new thing for me. (It could happen, I doubt it, but it could.)

Wish me luck!

Until next time...

Mandy

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Good luck!

I know you can do it!

Just like I know I really need to...

Janet said...

Wow, good luck! I know it's doable, but it would be hard for me to do every single day.