Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Do you ever get songs stuck in your head? This happens to me ALL the time, and I end up singing all day long. And, you know what, it wouldn't bother me so much if I knew all the words to the songs that get stuck in my cranium. Sadly, all I can ever remember is the damn chorus. It reminds me of my friend, Laura, when we were in high school she had On the Road Again stuck in her head all four years. We would be sitting at my house and she would look at one of us and she would sing, "On the road again." The she would say, "Why won't that song get out of my head?" And I totally feel the pain that she was going through. And, the songs that get stuck in my head are not normal songs. The one that gets stuck the most is Cabaret. And all I end up singing is, "Life is a cabaret, old chum. Come to the cabaret!" because those are the only words I know. Well, today, I woke up with Don't it Make My Brown Eyes Blue by Crystal Gale going through my head. But all I know is...

Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes...BLUE

And then I hear the piano.

I have no idea why this song is stuck up there, but it's driving me nuts. And, I want all of you to go insane also...

Don't it Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Crystal Gayle

Don't know when I've been so blue
Don't know what's come over you
You've found someone new
And don't it make my brown eyes blue

I'll be fine when you're gone
I'll just cry all night long
Say it isn't true
And don't it make my brown eyes blue

Tell me no secrets, tell me some lies
Give me no reasons, give me alibis
Tell me you love me and don't make me cry
Say anything but don't say goodbye

I didn't mean to treat you bad
Didn't know just what I had
But, honey, now I do

And don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Until next time...

Mandy

2 comments:

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

I still have On the Road Again stuck in my head. It has been about 20 years now. I just randomly sing it all the time. I have no idea why it won't leave. But, it is always there. In my 20s it made me crazy. Now, I take it as my one schizophrenia symptom and embrace it. Of course, it gets on everyone else's nerves! But it is still there!

And, dammit, now I have that damn song stuck in my head. Crystal Gayle, that bitch!

d.g. said...

Every single solitary morning when I wake up, I have a new and different song stuck in my head. EVERY FUCKING DAY, I kid you not. This leads me to believe that music plays in my dreams, and quite frankly, I am horrified by my dream-self's taste in music, because sometimes very stupid songs stick with me all day long and drive me crazy, things that I would never ever listen to when awake, such as COUNTRY SONGS THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD IN 15 YEARS. Oh my hell. I feel your pain, oh, yes, I do!