Friday, August 1, 2008

This is not like me

One of my favorite things is sleeping. Isn't that sad? I love to sleep, on the weekends I take naps on Saturday and Sunday. And, when I do take naps it's not dozing off on the couch in front of the tv...I put on jammies and crawl into my bed. I've never had problems sleeping. My friend, Jeanah, has told me that she's jealous of how easy it is for me to fall asleep. I've known her since the third grade and we would stay at each other's house quite often. When we were 15-16 years old we would be laying in bed talking and I would say, "Okay, well, good night." and two minutes later she would still be talking and I had rolled over and was starting to snore. Most people tell me they have all these different things running through their heads and they have to quiet their minds down before drifting off to dreamland...not me, when I lay down my mind goes blank and I go into blissful slumber. Oh, and I have to get at least 7 hours of sleep or I am no good the next day. Mandy + no sleep = grrrrrrr. So, you can imagine my dismay at the recent inability to go to sleep. It's the strangest thing. When I go to work I'm exhausted all day long, then when I get home it's like I've drank 4 espressos. by 7:00 I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and I can't go to sleep until sometimes way after midnight. Last night I think I figured it out. I have to get used to sleeping by myself again. Last night I went out with Latischia and her sister-in-law and I called a friend of mine, Billy, to meet us out. We got back to her sister-in-law's house around 11 and I laid down and couldn't go to sleep. I tossed and I turned, I looked at Latischia and Rhonda and they were both sleeping like babies. Finally I sat up, almost in tears, and told Billy, "All I want to do is sleep." He and I were laying on the floor and around 2:00am I finally got semi-comfortable laying on my stomach and then he put his arm over me and started rubbing my back...and that's all it took. I was out. I think I'm going to have to invest in some sort of body pillow until I can get my sleep routine back in order.

So, here I am today, trying to function on 4 hours of sleep...hopefully, I will just be able to go home this afternoon and fall into my bed and sleep until tomorrow morning.

Until next time...

Mandy

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

A body pillow may not be a bad idea. Actually, why don't you get one of these????

http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-64094/

Sorry...not sure how to do hyperlinks on the comments section :(

Princess Pixybell said...

I too love sleep, although I want to sleep at the wrong times. However like you every saturday and sunday I take LONG sleeps, saturday I take mum shopping and soon as I have finished im home jarmies on and in bed. I usually wake up around 7pm and then dont sleep too good at night but its my way of shutting the world out. Hope you get your Z's back soon, I hate that groggy angry not slept good feeling EYAK. xx