Monday, December 31, 2007

The dust has settled...somewhat.

Well, it's been a very hectic couple of weeks. I moved a week ago, the Saturday before Christmas to be exact. Have you ever tried to move a couple of days before Christmas??? I don't recommend it. So, I got moved and I love my new apartment! It's really cute, I'm still in the process of hanging stuff on the walls but when I'm done with that I think I might just take some pictures and post them and give y'all the grand tour.

I mentioned in one of my last posts that I met a new guy, I'm going to call him Ginger. (I might change his name, I'm not sure yet.) Anyway, he is SUPER NICE!!! Let me start at the beginning...

At the beginning of December, Movie Buff and Doodlebug had a party at their home to watch the Mayweather/Hatten fight. I am not a boxing fan, but I always go to the fight parties because I love them and I always have an awesome time. So, after a couple of Christmas Ales, I start noticing that every time I go outside to smoke a cigarette, Ginger also ends up outside smoking. I was standing in the kitchen when the main fight started and noticed Ginger was at the other end of the kitchen. I walked over there and we started talking. He rode with another guy over there so I told him that I would give him a ride home the next day. The two of us ended up staying at Doodle's house and sleeping in her daughter's bed. Have you ever tried sleeping with another adult in a twin size daybed? It's not an easy task. Anyway, when we woke up he looked at me and asked, "Would you like me to get you some water?" I thought about the question for a moment and answered, "As a matter of fact, I would like you to get me some water." That was it ladies and gentlemen, that one gesture hooked me. You are probably saying to yourself, it was just a glass of water. Well, the thing is, it's usually ME that does the offering to get the water and for him to offer before I had a chance was amazing. The niceness didn't end with the water. When I drove him home he asked me if I wanted to come in and take a nap before I drove home! And you know what??? I DID want to take a nap before I drove home! And the part that was even better than that...he didn't pressure me to do anything more than sleep! I didn't know they made that model anymore.

So, we've hung out about 3 different times and the niceness is still there. Doodle swears up and down that that's just how he is. He really is a nice guy, he's not an ass in nice guy's clothing. Saturday, I went to the Oldest Doodle's birthday party and he agreed to meet me out there...he went to an 11 year old's birthday party because I asked him to. Then he stayed at my house that night and the next morning I realized I didn't have any creamer for my coffee so I asked him if he would mind going to my mom's with me so I could get my morning fix. We went over there and he visited with my mom and my sister then my mom told me that the Wii she ordered for my nephews had come in and that she was going to have to figure out how to hook it up. I asked him if he could do it and he said yes and did it without bitching, THEN showed Thing 2 how to play it!!!

He's coming over tonight so we can "ring in the new year" together.

I hope y'all have a wonderful New Year! Please be careful tonight, this is the night that everyone goes out and drinks, so even if you're sober please watch out for the drivers around you.

Until next time...

Single Girl

P.S. Check back tomorrow as it will be the 1 year birthday of my humble, little blog.

0 comments: