Wednesday, July 9, 2008

He did WHAT???

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, this is partly because my laptop is ill. Apparently, viruses have attacked my poor computer. I took it over to Diana's husband to see if he could fix it and the prognosis wasn't good. Dr. Chris said that I need a new "Windows operating system." Nurse Diana was telling me what I needed to make my poor computer all better, but when she talks computer all I hear is "bleep, bleep, blarp, blarp, blarp." Not to be confused with "Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah" which as we all know from watching the Jetsons means I Love You. Sorry, got off track there for a minute. Anyway, so the computer is down until I can a.) find the disk that came with the computer or b.) pay the $200 for the new Windows Vista blah, blah blah. So there's that. But, that is not the only problems I'm having at the moment. Last Tuesday, Phillip came home and told me, "I quit my job today." You're reaction is probably the same as everyone else's...HE DID WHAT??? Yes, needless to say, the 4th of July weekend was not a happy one at my humble abode. Let me give you a little back story...

Phillip and his brother are very close. And when we first got together I thought it was really nice that they considered themselves best friends. But, Phillip can't do anything without his brother and vice versa. Another thing you should know, the brother tends to freak out about stuff that normal people wouldn't even notice. I'm not a doctor, but I think he might need medication. Anyway, Phillip told me a couple of months ago that he got his brother a job at the company he works at. I told him, "Do you think that's such a good idea, you know how your brother tends to freak out." I was assured that everything would be fine. So, last week, his brother calls and tells him about an incident that happened between him and another driver while they were out of town. Phillip's brother wrote a letter explaining what happened in great depth and detail. When Phillip spoke to the owner of the company she said, "We're not sure what happened." He took that to mean that they didn't' believe his brother so he quit. I told him that I was sorry that that had happened to his brother, but it didn't have anything to do with him and that he should have, at the very least, called and spoke with me before he told them he quit. He said, "I didn't call you because I knew you would talk me out of it." I tried to explain to him that his employer was doing what any employer would have done. His brother and the driver were the only two there, so it's one person's word against the other's. (I will say that all of this was said in a tone of voice that was slightly louder than normal talking.) He then looks at me and says, "My brother is not a liar." Anyway, this went on ALL weekend...actually from Tuesday night to Sunday, then I got tired of fighting and yelling. Then he tried to be sweet and I let him know that just because I was no longer yelling didn't mean I wasn't still mad. So, it has now been a week and a day and he has yet to look for employment. Instead, he goes to his dad's warehouse and is helping him install drum racks and building an addition on to the office. Granted, his dad is paying him...but not much. What bothers me the most is now I'm wondering if he's going to just quit every job he has if they piss him off. What I'm about to say sounds really harsh and slightly materialistic, but I realized a LONG time ago that love doesn't conquer all. You can love someone with all your heart, but if they aren't willing to be an adult and take responsibilities for their actions, there isn't much you can do. I told him when he first moved in that I WOULD NOT support him, and I would not drag him behind me while I'm trying to accomplish goals that I've set for myself. So, there you go, any advice you might have is appreciated...but most likely it will be the same thing that everyone else has given me.

Until next time...

Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are dealing with all this crappity-crap right now, sigh. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to offer in the way of advice; at least, nothing more than what I've already said. This sucks. =(

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah ... I almost forgot.

"This too shall pass." Best advice ever, really.

It WILL get better; it always does, somehow.

=)

Rice Spice said...

Sorry to hear about all of this :(
I hope it all works out. I'm sure it will though. Things always have a way of working themselves out...sometimes a little slower than we'd prefer, but still works out regardless. Big cyber hugs!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any advice as I'm crappy at that, but I do hope things get better for you, can't be easy and I totally understand as if it was me in your situation I would be rather mad and erm possibly do a pixy stamp!! xx