Friday, April 11, 2008

WTF???

I found this article today and the only thing I could think was "What the Fxxx!!!

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple arguing about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday, reported KMGH-TV in Denver.

On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into a video rental store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said. After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.


His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, told authorities she is a member of the Crips, police said. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman told police.

"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said. Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility. On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to 12 months of probation and ordered to pay $835 in court costs, according to the
Denver Post. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.

Why do these two have a child? I would think you would discuss your child's gang preference before actually deciding to try to procreate. What the hell is wrong with people? And you know what, this probably isn't the first couple to argue over this. What kills me is that the reporter actually used the words "raised" and "upbringing." I'm sorry, my upbringing did not include which organized crime family will you be affiliated with. It's all too West Side Story for me, all that's missing is a kick, ball change, snap, snap.

Until next time...

Single Girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it, there are couples out there who cannot have children for one reason or another and would adore the child, then you hear of things like that and wonder what hell of a world we are living in. Currently over here in blighty rainy part of the world a mother alongside her pedophile of a husband, kidnapped her own daughter so she could maybe make some free cash out of it. Making public appearances and getting charitable folk to donate money. What the feck is that all about using a child and then calling the police and press to look for her and after 4 weeks shes found in her uncles house where they have been hiding her. Jebus what goes through these peoples minds, sorry for wittering on just p**ses me off. xx

d.g. said...

Ummm. I don't even know what to say. I'm that flabbergasted. And appalled. And not surprised, not really, though I should be, but my eyes are open wide enough to realize that, unfortunately, this is a prime example of the f*cked up world we live in today. While I worry about Emily's grade and what college she'll go to, other people are concerned about what colors there kid will be wearing ("I keep a blue flag hangin out my backside, but only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side")(thanks Snoop Dogg for making that pop into my head immediately after reading that article). Eeek. What the hell is wrong with people?!?

BTW -
http://no-more-bananas.blogspot.com

I'm giving it another try. It'll probably suck, though, so don't get your hopes up.

And call me so we can schedule our outing. (I said "outing." Heh.)
=)

d.g. said...

Per our conversation of this morning, here is the new address: reality-or-something-like-it.blogspot.com.

I feel better about this one. =)