Thursday, April 10, 2008

The weekend is already upon us...

and I'm just now posting about last weekend. I suck. But, before I tell you about the awesome Saturday I had last weekend, you must first click play on the video below. (I don't know how to add music, so the video is only for music purposes.)



Last year, during the summer of new things, Sublime Enigma suggested that I try sailing. Well, I didn't know anyone with a boat back then. Come to find out, Phillip's dad owns a sailboat. My mother was a little worried. About 15 years ago mom took us to go hang out at a marina where one of her friends had a sailboat docked, I stepped onto the boat, while it was tied up to the dock, and immediately got seasick. When I told Phillip about this, his only reaction was, "WHAT?!?" I told him I should be OK, when I go to the Turtle Club I'm fine after a couple of beers. But, I did make him assure me that if I did get sick, he would hold my hair back. (I know, SO ROMANTIC!) Anyway, we get on the boat around 1p and don't get back until about 7:30p. I didn't get sick, I didn't even get queasy. Yay me! If you've looked at the pictures of Phillip and I, then you know that I am the color of an aspirin tablet and Phillip is a ginger. We are probably the pastiest couple on earth. You can probably see where this is going...We forgot to put sunblock on. Luckily, we didn't too burnt. I will say this, my chest and knees were on fire the next day. Note to self, invest in some SPF 50 and keep it in my purse. Here are some pictures of our sailing expedition.

Phillip and me on the boat

A really cute picture of Phillip

Welcome to Galveston Bay (We passed right by this boat.)

Luckily this was taken in the shade, the glare from my paper-white legs would have totally screwed up the picture.

This is Phillip's brother Paul. He was the smart one and covered his whole body...he didn't seem to care that he looked like the Unibomber.

Phillip's dad...Phil

The trip back from the head...Oh yeah!

So there you go, sailing was awesome and I can't wait to go again.

Until next time...

Amanda

0 comments: