Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thank you...

Thank you for your happy thoughts and prayers. Paw Paw is doing great! My mom called me around 1p and said that he was in recovery and the doctors said that everything went exactly the way they thought it would. When my mom called me back around 3p she told me what room he was in and that they already had him up WALKING!!! (With a walker of course.) I couldn't believe it. Paw Paw is a stud! I left work early and went by the hospital, whatever they are giving my grandfather...I want some! He was so funny, I won't go into conversations we had because none of you know him but it was pretty comical! It's weird seeing him in a hospital bed...the man is 83 years old and he still gets out in bay and wade fishes, he still mowes his own lawn, he does all his own grocery shopping and can you believe this, this is only the second time he's ever been in the hospital. The first time was just two years ago. He's not even on any kind of medication. It blows my mind. I'm so lucky to have him as a Paw Paw!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

So glad everything went well, you really are a lucky girlie to still have a pawpaw! wish him well from the other side of the world and tell him he has a following even if he doesn't realise!! get well soon paw paw xx

d.g. said...

You ARE lucky, so very lucky! I'm SO happy for you that Paw Paw is in such great health, and that this surgery went so well! And it's got to be nice to know that you have such great genes in the family!!