Monday, July 9, 2007

I didn't do much this weekend. The best part was Saturday night. My uncle's band played at a local bar here in the Clear Lake area so my mom and I went up there. Have I ever expressed how much fun I have going to a bar with my mother. She and I have very similar personalities and we both love looking at people and making tacky remarks. To quote Clarice in Steel Magnolias "If you don't have something nice to say, come sit next to me." Don't judge us, it's our thing. Anyway, so my mom and I are sitting at the bar and in walks in my other uncle and his wife. We were all laughing and cutting up, I took pictures of my mom and uncles blah, blah, blah and when we went back in for the second set, in walks my sister and a friend of hers. It was the first time that my mom, my sister and I all went to a bar together. It was great! Growing up, my sister and I DID NOT get along. I'm so glad that we are able to hang out together now and we don't try to kill each other. Anyway, we all took pictures together, my sister, her friend and I were eyeballing the bartender all night (our bar has a new bartender...he is HOT!) and Mom was dancing the night away. I love watching my mom dance, she is so cute. I finally got her out of the habit of clapping, I told her that only old people clap when they dance...so she stopped. It was a pretty cool night. It was also a little strange. You see, normally my family can not get together without at least one argument erupting. I have a feeling the reason everyone was getting along so well was the mass quantities of alcohol we all consumed. Have you ever noticed that alcohol can really bring people together. Maybe from now on when we get together at Christmas, we should just all get drunk. I think that sounds like a splendid idea.

Sunday, I had to go to an alumni meeting. The school year 2007-2008 will be the 50th graduating class of the high school I graduated from. We are planning an EXTRAVAGANZA, if you will. The 50th anniversary thing started out with just a celebration of the drill team I was a member of, now it has spread to the whole school. So, there will be events at Homecoming, Spring Show and at the end of the year there will be a cruise that all alumni is invited to go on. We have decided that since all alumni will be invited, we will have a "Prom" the last night of the cruise. Well, my friends, this Single Girl still has her prom dress from 1994 and as God as my witness I will get back into that dress! I don't care that the dress is no longer in style, it's possible that I won't even wear it, but I want to be able to say..."I tried on my prom dress and it still fit!" So, I have decided that as much as I hate to work out, I will start tonight.

As for my summer of new things, I am going to go to my first belly dancing class tomorrow night. I am so excited! Dancing has always been a big part of my life, so I am really looking forward to learning a new style. Hopefully, it won't kill me!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MUST AGREE THAT THE NEW BAR TENDER IS VERY HOT!! KIND OF SHY, WHICH IS PROBABLY NOT THE GREATEST TYPE TO BE WORKING IN A BAR. BUT, AS WITH ALL CUTE BAR TENDERS, I'M SURE THAT HE WILL "WARM" UP TO US IN TIME (IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) I SURE TO HATE THE FACT THAT SINGLE GIRL AND I MISSED THE BEST PART OF THE NIGHT, WHICH WAS WHEN SINGLE GIRL'S SISTER GOT THE BARTENDER TO "EXPOSE" HIMSELF. (CHEST AREA ONLY, DAMN IT!!) WE HAD JUST LEFT. SHE DID SAY THAT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

HOPEFULLY WE WILL HAVE MANY MORE FUN TIMES AT THE LOCAL PUB. IT WAS TRULY A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!

SINGLE GIRL'S MOM

d.g. said...

I'm so proud of you and all the lifestyle changes you're making (and they're not easy ones either, so extra points for that!). GO SINGLE GIRL GO!!! WOOT!