Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For some reason the title bar has not worked the past two nights, has anyone else had this problem???

So, I took my first bellydance class this evening. IT WAS GREAT!!! I forgot how much I enjoyed taking dance classes. When I walk into a dance studio, as cheesy as this sounds, I feel at peace. There is nothing like the feel of a wood dance floor on my bare feet. This studio is a little different than what I am used to since there was no ballet barre, but for the most part it looked a lot like the studio where I took dance. It is one big open room with mirrors on all of the walls, a sound system to the left and restrooms in the rear. Looking back at my life, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made was not buying the dance studio that I grew up in. Let me explain...

On March 2, 1994 I was in a very bad car accident. The accident was so bad that I was in ICU for several days and the total time I was in the hospital was like a week to a week and a half...I can't remember. Anyway, after the accident I received a large sum of money from the insurance company. Well, that was the year that the owner of the studio was ready to shut it down since she had moved to the Conroe area and the studio was about an hour from her new home. She approached me in April of 1994 and asked if I wanted to purchase the studio from her and she was asking only 1/3 of what I had received in insurance money. I thought about it and decided that I wanted to buy it. Well, then a month or two later I decided that I was burnt out on dancing (I had been taking dance since the age of 3) and wanted to pursue something else. So, like an idiot, I went to a vocational business school and now I'm not even in the field that I went to school for blah, blah, blah. I often wonder what my life would be like now if I had bought that dance studio, but then I realize that if I had I would never have met Big Daddy, Mrs. Big Daddy, Driver, or the ex and I would probably still be living in the same area I grew up in. So, while one part of me looks at it as a mistake another part of me thinks of it as my way out of the east side. Is any of this making any sense? I think I'm just rambling.

So, in a nutshell, bellydancing was cool...I think I'll keep going.

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

d.g. said...

My title bar has been working and I've never had a problem with it ... maybe try emailing tech support?

I'm glad you enjoyed bellydancing. It looks like SO much fun ... one day I should get off my fat ass and take it, too.

Isn't it funny how you look back on choices you've made and wish you hadn't have made them ... but only for about 5 seconds, because you then realize what you would be missing had you done things differently? I do it all the time ... I can only think that everything happens the way it does for a reason.

sublimenigma said...

when you mouse over the title bar...move the mouse reaaaaaally slowly upwards. Right near the top it will change from the pointer to the text icon and you can click and put it in.

I've been having the same problem. Blogger is working on a fix for it.

Outside of that, it's awesome you are doing belly dancing...did I tell you they have belly dancing at Agora Cafe on Wednesday nights?
Well...they used to, haven't been in a while.