Friday, December 12, 2008

SNOW IN HOUSTON!!!

Well, Seabrook, to be exact. Actually, all of Houston had what I like to call...A TEXAS BLIZZARD. That's right, we got enough snow to cover the grass, it was awesome! Here are some pictures I took at my apartment...

This is when the snow first started falling.

Snow on the ground...the grass is almost covered.

My car looks like it went driving through A Winter Wonderland.

Not something you see everyday, a palm tree covered in snow.

The inside of the palm tree...I thought it looked pretty and interesting.

Those are my footprints going down the stairs of my apartment.

Pretty much covered.

Another shot of snow falling.

The next morning...I thought this snowman was funny - I'll let you decide what you think it looks like.

This is the traffic on Hwy 146 at 10:15 am the day after the blizzard. I could not get to work. The Fred Hartmen Bridge, Hwy 225 and the Toll Bridge were all shut down due to icy conditions. You know people up north were laughing at us.
I hope all of you got a chance to play in the snow, who knows when it will come again.
Until next time...
Mandy

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

I'm so sad that it snowed the year I moved away :(

Princess Pixybell said...

Cool snow!! even though to be honest I'm not really a fan, I love to see it but I'm a big wuss when it comes to the cold, I think I should of been a bear or hedgehog so I can hybernate!! x