Monday, March 24, 2008

Big Changes...

I've been rather MIA lately, sorry about that.

As you can tell by the title, there have been some changes in my life recently. Some big and some, most people, would consider tiny. So, here we go...

1. I cut my hair, again.
I've said before, I have always had long hair. I have a very round face and always believed that if I cut my hair really short, I would look like a smiling basketball. A couple of weeks ago, I went and saw Hair Genius, she dyed my hair really dark brown (almost black) and gave me a, what I like to call, a "China Doll" cut. It is stacked in the back, the front sides are longer and frame my face and I have "Bettie Page" bangs again. I am totally loving my short hair, and it takes a lot less time to fix it in the morning!

2. I've decided that this will be my final year to participate with the Alumni Association I am a member of.
I have mentioned this association in past posts. We get together each year, choreograph and perform a dance in the drill team's spring show. It has been fun, but I get completely stressed out, because not only do I help with choreography for this dance, but I also choreograph the tap dance for the drill team. (This will be my final year to do this also.) I will still donate money and go and watch the girls perform. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the fact that I helped to start an association that awards scholarships to one of the girls each year, but it's time for me to step down.

3. Ginger and I are now living together.
This is probably the biggest change lately. Ginger has had quite a few problems with his apartment. He has had three different refrigerators, the air has went out, there was a leak above his shower and the final straw was his water heater sprung a leak and flooded his closet and bedroom. When he called and told me about this, he asked if he could come stay at my house. Once he got there, I told him to get out of his lease and just live at my place. He's there the majority of the time anyway, so what the hell. I know it seems fast, and it is, but it seems like we've been together longer than three months. We are both really happy with this decision. I have only lived with one other guy, but that was when I was 18 years old and we lived at my mom's house. (He had no other place to live. The fact that his parents didn't want him to live with them should have been my first clue that he wasn't the best of guys, but I was only 18, what did I know.) It's a totally different experience when you are both in your 30's and sharing a space. I'm am a girly-girl. My bedroom is pink, black and white. I have ballerinas all over the house. And now, there is boy stuff everywhere. I knew the move-in was official when he brought over the television (which barely fits in my armoir) XBox 360, Game Cube, and all of his DVDs, games and CDs.

So, if you are a regular to this blog, in the next couple of weeks you will probably notice some changes.

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

Rice Spice said...

1) I want to see pictures of the haircut!!! Email me..

2) I know you've been kicking this decision around for a while. You've had such great influence on the girls who have gone through that program as well as a lot of fun participating in it. But eventually we all know when it's our own time to pass the torch to others. I have no doubt you'll still be supportive of your Almuni Association, so it's not like you'll fall completely off the face of the earth :)

3) WOW! Good for you and Ginger! I'm sure it will take some adjusting but it appears like you two do well together, so I'm sure you'll enjoy this new chapter of your life.