Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought I might list all of the things I am thankful for this year.



1. My immediate family

In the past year I have come to realize how important my family is to me. My sister and I have become closer. Thing 3 has finally learned how to say my name and I love you. I got to bond with Thing 2 while taking him to and from karate, I never knew how much a 7 year old could talk until a couple of months ago, but it was great listening to all of his stories. Thing 1 and I have I are not as close as I would like us to be, but I plan on working on that. And then, of course, there's The Mother...I've said it once and I'll say it again, SHE'S AWESOME!!!

2. Paw Paw
I am truly thankful that Paw Paw is still going strong! He's recovering quite well from his surgery, he has already graduated from the walker and is now getting around with a cane...GO PAW PAW!

3. My friends
This year Doodlebug and I got back in touch and are now closer than we ever were before. The same goes for Slut Puppy and I. I met Vegan and he has become one of my closest friends. I now call Rice Spice a friend, even though our schedules are so crazy we never get a chance to hang out. I love my friends, they keep me sane.

4. My job and bosses
Thank God Big Daddy and Mrs. Big Daddy decided to open this company. This company has grown so much over the past 7 months that it is almost unbelievable....and I'm so grateful that they gave me the opportunity to be a part of this amazing journey. Hopefully we will get bigger and better in the next 7 months!

So there you have it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. The Sister, Thing, 2, Thing 3, Vegan, my uncle and his wife will be at my apartment for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure where everyone will sit, but it will be nice to be surrounded by people I love and that love me in return.

Oh, and I can't wait for Black Friday! The Mother and I will be getting up around 3:30am to down some coffee and hit the stores...It's a family tradition!

Until next time...

Single Girl

5 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

Whats Black Friday?

Amanda said...

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving. All of the stores open at like 4am and have what's called "Doorbuster" sales. The reason they call it Black Friday is because most of the stores are in the red until the Friday after Thanksgiving, everyone starts shopping for Christmas and the stores profits put them in the black.

Princess Pixybell said...

Nuts, but I guess its one of those traditions us English don't get! enjoy your sales x

sublimenigma said...

Black Friday...you're crazy. :p

Rice Spice said...

As you know, I detest shopping...but I put on my riot gear and headed for the mall in Tampa with Boyfriend and his mom. Jeez! It took us 20 mintutes of circling the parking lot and garage until Boyfriend just dropped us off at the store and went hunting for parking by his lonesome...craziness, I tell ya!

As for our crazy schedules, we need to work on that. If anything, that could be one of our new year's resolutions! lol. I will be in town this weekend, so let's try to do something...