Saturday, March 24, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes.

Doodlebug called me today to tell me something her children were discussing with her. I have to let you in on the backstory...

I am a member of my high school drill team alumni association. Every year we dance in the drill team's Spring Show. Since I am on the board, I have to choreograph and teach the dance. Sunday is our first practice. After practice I am going to the home of Big Daddy and Mrs. Big Daddy for a crawfish boil. I invited Doodlebug to go with me, since she's 100% cajun, I figured she would REALLY enjoy the crawfish! I also have to mention that I was at the home of Doodlebug and Movie Buff last week and Movie Buff was cleaning their carpets. Once the carpets were clean, I told him I would help him move the sofa and love seat back in the living room because I was..."Man Strong."

Now for those of you who know me, you know that I pretty much see my self as a VERY girly girl. I honestly believe that I am a princess. I try to be lady-like and as long as I'm sober I usually succeed at this. Well, apparently I'm not fooling anybody!

As I said, Doodlebug called me and told me that Movie Buff asked her what time we were going to go eat crawfish, she told him after I got out of practice. Then the conversation started...

Doodle #1: What does Ms. Single Girl have to practice for?
Doodlebug: Dance.
Doodle #2: I thought she played football.
Doodle # 1: Well, she did say she was "Man Strong"

Apparently, I look like a defensive lineman to small children.

My whole girly-girl, princess bubble has officially been busted. :(


Until next time...


Single Girl

1 comments:

d.g. said...

I'm sorry ... I have to laugh at that! You DID say you were "man strong." Just remember ... children are SPONGES. They hear everything you say, and choose the WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD to regurgitate it.

You ARE a princess. Who said princesses can't play football ... or ven be speed skaters, for that matter?

Love ya!!