Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Good evening everyone.

Well, I guess it's about time that I posted about the birthday gathering on Friday night. But first I will add some new names to my ever expanding list of code names...

Katy Dweller - My very first boyfriend from the 8th grade.
PR Girl - Katy Dweller's girlfriend
Mother of Three - We have been friends since the third grade, this is the longest friendship I have.
Mr. Mother of Three - Mother of Three's husband

So, after work on Friday (my office is near the med center) I made the trek to I-10 and Barker Cypress. Believe me when I tell you, the drive from the med center to the west side of Houston SUCKS at 5pm on a Friday. But, I did finally make it there! Hook-Up came to Katy Dweller's apartment and he had a gift bag. Now, let me explain something to you...My bedroom is decorated in pale pink, black and white and I have pictures of dresses and corsets hanging on the walls. That being said, Hook-Up has been in my bedroom one time. Inside the gift bag was a pale pink martine glass with hand painted black dresses and corsets on it. So, not only is he romantic, he also pays attention to his surroundings. Isn't that GREAT! I wasn't even expecting anything else, I mean he had already sent flowers.

We left the apartment and went to the bar. I didn't really know that many people there until Dallas got there with the girl he had been seeing. Then Mother of Three and Mr. Mother of Three showed up. I was so happy to see Mother of Three! Hook-Up hit it off with all of my friends that were there that night. He actually told Dallas that I was amazing and a "breath of fresh air." This was the first time I had ever taken a man around Katy Dweller and Dallas. Dallas made the comment that I brought the right one around. So, the rest of the night consisted of drinking heavily and dancing. That was probably the first time since my 8th grade banquet that I had danced with Katy Dweller. We had so much fun, and I will never forget my 31st birthday! Although, I do need to send a big I'M SORRY out to Mother of Three, I bought her a pina colada without thinking that she is still nursing her youngest child. (Oops!) But, it was so good to see all these people that have known me for over half of my life. Even though we don't talk every day, we all know that if any one of us needs someone we will always be there for each other. So, to Katy Dweller, PR Girl, Dallas, Mother of Three, Mr. Mother of Three and Hook-Up...thanks for making 31 memorable!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

d.g. said...

I'm glad you had so much fun ... I guess getting "old" isn't nearly as bad as we all thought!

And what a great birthday present ... and for exactly the reason you said. He actually paid attention, close attention at that, to what you like ... how often does THAT happen? How awesome!

Rice Spice said...

What an awesome birthday for you!!! That is a rarity that guys pay such great attention so early on. Sounds like this one could very well be a keeper ;)