Sunday, March 4, 2007

My weekend started Thursday!!!

As you all know, I had a date with Hook-Up Thursday night. We went to the Rodeo and saw Reba McEntire. THE WHOLE NIGHT WAS AWESOME!!! We met at Bennigan's over by Reliant and had a couple of drinks, then we drove over to the stadium. Our seats were in the Action Section, we were 6 rows from the floor. At one point, I thought one of those bucking horses was going to fly over the railing onto us. We saw one little girl harness a calf right in front of us! (I love the calf scramble!) Anyway; before Reba went on, we went outside so I could smoke and he looked at me and told me that he was having a great time. Then he put his face really close to mine and said "You're amazing." Now, me personally, I don't think there is anything special about me...I'm pretty average. It's not every day that I am told that I am amazing, so as you can imagine...it made me feel pretty good! So, we went back in and watched the concert portion of the evening. It was the first time that either one of us had seen Reba McEntire. She was GREAT! So, after the show we walked (hand in hand) back to the car and attempted to get back over to Bennigan's. I love going to the Rodeo, but I hate trying to get home from the Rodeo. Why do they have to block off all the streets going the direction I need to go??? We were sitting in traffic so long that I was having flashbacks to the Hell Drive 2005 when all of Houston evacuated. We finally got to Bennigan's about 45 minutes to an hour after we left the stadium. We kissed goodnight. :) and said goodbye. When he first asked me to go out with him, I told him I would go as long as he wasn't going to kill me. (Dating these days is scary and you can't be to careful!) He asked me the other night if I was convinced yet that he wasn't going to kill me. I told him I was almost to the point of knowing that he's not going to kill me. Now it is our running joke. I think I like Hook-Up, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. And, for those of you who know me...it's about time I met a guy that is nice.

Friday was a pretty cool day! Doodlebug works at a disadvantaged elementary school and Friday they celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. Some of the students dressed up as Dr. Seuss characters and they had a parade through the halls. Part of the festivities include guest readers going into classrooms and reading Dr. Seuss books. I felt privileged to be one of the guest readers. I read The Butter Battle Book to a fourth grade class. The only problem with reading to a fourth grade class, is they are right at the "tween" age. You know, "I'm to cool to like anything." But, the rest of the time I got to hang out in Doodle's classroom. I forgot how much fun second grade was. Why can't there be recess at work? The coolest part of the day was when we went to an assembly in the cafeteria and the guest reader was...BARBARA BUSH!!! She sat on the stage with her dog Sadie and read If I Ran the Zoo. She was AWESOME!!! After she got done reading, she asked if any of the kids had any questions. One little boy stood up and said, "I think your son is AWESOME!" Another little boy stood up and asked, "How does it feel to be the President's mother?" She told him that it wasn't any different than when his parents watched him score a touchdown, homerun, etc... She said that she was very proud of his accomplishments and even though he is the President, he will always be her son. She didn't talk down to the students, she talked to them like they were little adults. I do have to say, her Secret Service agents were HOT!!! I know that Friday is a day that I will happily file away in the VERY COOL file in my memory bank.

Saturday night I went out with Slut Puppy and got very drunk. We went to this bar in Humble called Stetsons, and as you have probably guessed it is a country bar. When I was younger, I loved going to country bars, I loved to two-step, jitterbug, polka and waltz. I really liked looking at all the cowboys in their tight jeans and freshly starched shirts with the black stetsons. But apparently, my taste in men has changed dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the dancing part of it, there is nothing better than a man coming up to you and saying, "Would you like to dance?" But, last night there were maybe two guys that made me do a double take. I don't find the tight jeans all that appealing anymore. Maybe I've purged the majority of the Channelview I had in me out! Even though there wasn't much flirting going on, Slut Puppy and I still had fun! We drank our faces off! I'm not usually a shot girl, but last night we were doing blow job shots. (I'm not sure how many we did, but they sure were tasty.) We also got out on the dance floor and did a jitterbug and a polka together! It felt a lot like our days at Wilson Road Dance Hall, just with alcohol! I have been avoiding going to Slut Puppy's house, because she lives in the same area as my Ex. I will no longer let that deter me from visiting my friend. Here's a warning for you Slut Puppy...I will be back out there, and a lot more often!!! When we left the bar, we went to Waffle House, because what night at a country bar doesn't end with breakfast at the local Waffle House. There were these young guys at the other end of the restaurant and we started talking to them. They were pretty funny. Two of them were from Georgia and the other two were from Canada. We were exchanging quips across the restaurant and one of them asked us if it was true that everything in Texas was bigger, and without missing a beat I said, "That is true, have you seen my ass!" Before we left, I walked over there and took pictures with these four very nice looking young men and kissed each one on the cheek and said goodbye.

So, as you can see...My weekend was pretty stellar!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

d.g. said...

Stellar indeed! I'm so glad you're having so much fun with Hook-up, and that he's such a nice guy ... God knows you deserve it.

More importantly, however, is that you're having fun being single, going out and doing what you want. It's only a matter of time until you meet Mr. Right, so you might as well take advantage of being free and over 21 as long as you can!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that I am keeping up with you and hope it continues to be good. Happy Birthday from one pisces to another.