Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I was younger...

I had horrible skin. Not so horrible that it left scars, but bad enough that I had to go to a dermatologist. Lucky for me, Dr. Kurtis and my prescription of Emycin cleared my skin up for the most part. You would think that after your horrible teenage years, your skin would be less oily and not break out, right? Wrong! How is it that I'm 32 years old and my skin is just as oily as it was back in 1992? Thankfully, I don't break out all the time like I did when I was younger, but when I get a zit...oh dear God, do I get a zit! And it seems like my pores and my ass get bigger with every birthday that rolls around. It just isn't fair. I got all the bad genes in my family...

Oily skin inherited from my Paw Paw (which from what I've heard is a curse and a blessing all at the same time...I don't think you wrinkle as fast when you have oily skin.)

Bushy eyebrows inherited from my Nanny that I have to have waxed every other week...Don't even get me started on the fact that I'm brunette, therefore I have to have my lip waxed about once a month!

Bubble butt inherited from my Mother who inherited hers from my Nanny. Clothes never fit correctly, most of my pants are way to big in the waist, but fit perfectly on my ass.

My height, inherited from both my mom's side of the family and the sperm-donor's side...I tend to tower over most women and with a one or two inch heel can look most men eye to eye.

A rather large nose inherited from my Nanny, possibly my sperm-donor - the few pictures I've seen of him he looks to have a largish nose.

Somehow I got all the crap genes and my Sister got all the good ones...

Megan has porcelain skin, naturally thin eyebrows, the perfect little heart-shaped butt, she's only 5' tall making her look very dainty and petite, and she's got a cute little, button nose.

Where is the justice I ask you???

Oh well, I will continue to work with what God gave me and just make the best of it.

Until next time...

Amanda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, my fair skin breaks out from time to time. Don't even get me started on my freckle situation. My cute little butt, that's worked on most nights after I get the kids to sleep. My eyebrows, they're blonde, not thin. I do have a damn cute button nose though, and my short little frame does make me look quite the little dainty princess. What can I say, I'm a milf.
Megan

sublimenigma said...

On an upside...apparently Phillip appreciates all of the good things you've inherited.
I'm sure he'd remind you of them if you asked.
:)

Anonymous said...

I have that horrit oily skin and have got chlosma meaning no sun allowed on my face so I see a dermo once in a while, who btw says that YEA for oily skin because we do age far slower than those with the nice clear variety. I'm the kinda freakish one in my family, sisters and brother all tall, me just over 5ft, and they have erm large butts than me that I don't wish for however, they have larger boobs too, I was blessed with the 'handful' yea whatever, a CHILDS handful. So there are ups and downs to us all, but you have a lovely guy who adores you so you have a great package going on dear!!!

d.g. said...

You know how I feel about myself ... oh, boy, I won't even get into that! I feel your pain regarding the skin issue ... mine is about four times as bad as it was when I was a teenager ... massive pores, skin so oily I'm shiny 15 minutes after I apply makeup, and bad scarring from adult acne a few years ago. Ack ... where are the benefits to getting older that I heard so much about?

But of course I agree with Sublime and Pixy ... you have a wonderful guy you loves you just the way you are ... and I have one that loves me as well, so really, I think we're not as "fugly" as we think we are! Either that or both our men are blind! =)

Anonymous said...

JUST REMEMBER WHAT I'VE ALWAYS TOLD YOU......

BEAUTY FADES, CUTE LASTS FOREVER!!

MOM