Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I know...

I recently found out something about a friend of mine that I have known since our days at La Petite Academy.

Apparently, there was a sexual indisrcetion with my boyfriend about 14 years ago...I'm not sure where I was at the time, maybe I was at school or at work. I also found out about the other woman who slept with him during that same time frame.

For the record, I'm not mad or hurt. Actually, it doesn't really surprise me about one of them but I never would have guessed that the other one would do that. I just want to know why. I have questions like, "Did I do something to make you mad and you wanted to get back at me?" or "Did you just want to see if you could sleep with him?" or "was it a drunken or chemical stupor and it just happened?" I would also like to know why these people never told me, since they saw how bad that breakup was on me for years after. I cried on their shoulders when he moved out of my house and into the house of another woman.

Don't get me wrong, there are things in my past that I'm not proud of...I just wonder if they ever felt guilt or remorse. So...

To whom it may concern:

I know.

Until next time...

Amanda

2 comments:

d.g. said...

Hmmm, still no comments.

Apparently this topic is a little ... shall we say ... sensitive? I'm proud of you for writing this post, as I'm sure that, though the years have softened the hurt, it's still there, in some small form. Writing can be very therapeutic ... and so can simply saying "I know what happened, and even though it hurts, I've grown up and learned a lot, and I know you have too, so let's just move on from here."

Closure, in any form, can be a very good thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy! Lots of people slept with Thomas I am thinking even someone you are very close with to this day had an indiscretion with him. He was a slut & totally not faithful in the way that couples usually are.