Monday, February 5, 2007

Sometimes being single doesn't suck!

So, as you all know I went out with Doctor yesterday. And, THANK GOD, he was just as funny in person as he is on the phone! He has a very dry sense of humor...those are my favorite kind. His jokes are subtle, and you have to really be paying attention to get them. It was probably one of the best "first dates" I've ever been on. Let me recap the day...

I went and picked him up around 12:30. You are probably wondering why I drove, well I'll tell you...He doesn't know Houston, and the last thing I want to do is get in the passenger seat of a vehicle when the driver does not know his way around. That is VERY SCARY! So, I picked him up and off we went. The first destination was Kim Son. He told me that he had not had any good Vietnamese since he arrived in the Lone Star State, he didn't think we had any good Vietnamese food. So, of course I had to prove him wrong! And that is exactly what I did! The spring rolls were perfect, the rice paper was firm not chewy, the peanut sauce did not taste like peanut butter, the chicken was perfectly grilled, I could go on and on but I won't. Needless to say, he was quite impressed! So, when we got done eating, he pulled out his own wallet and paid for the meal!!!! (Is that normal?) Then when we get in the car I gave him a couple of touristy options, and I was so happy when he chose the zoo! Now, I have not been to the Houston Zoo in quite some time, but it looks pretty much the same. We walked around the zoo for about 3 hours. We saw the baby elephant and the baby giraffes. I don't know if there is anything cuter than a baby elephant! Anyway, so we get done at the zoo and we decide that we want coffee. You are probably thinking I took him to Starbucks, but you would be wrong. We drove down Montrose and went to Empire Cafe. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it! They have very good coffee and it's a GREAT people watching destination. So, we sat on the side patio and drank our coffee (that he paid for! I'm still amazed, I didn't think men actually carried money or credit cards anymore.) The people watching wasn't as good Sunday evening, probably because of the Super Bowl, but it was getting late so we decided to go ahead and head south to go home. Once we got back to his house he invited me in and gave me the grand tour of his humble abode. We sat and talked a little while longer, and I realized it was late and I had to go home. We said goodnight and said that we would have to get together again to do more exploring. So, all in all, it was a pretty good day! I don't know if there was actually any "romance" sparks, but you never know. I mean, when the ex and I met we hated each other, then we ended up spending 6 years of our life together. So, you never know what the future holds. So, congratulate me...HE WASN'T A FREAK!

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

d.g. said...

Yay! That's EXACTLY how it's supposed to be! And a man that will go with you to the zoo, especially on the first date, is rare and awesome. Not to say he's Mr. Right, but you're definitely heading in the right direction!!!

I'm so glad this date went so much better for you than the other first date, as well as the Redneck Romance phone call. :)

Rice Spice said...

What a great "first date"! I'm so happy for you. Even if nothing romantic comes out of it, it goes to show you there are more out there than hillbillies who like to "burn meat on fire."