Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Like most Singletons, I was dreading Valentines Day. Which is kinda stupid on my part, because even when I am with someone I don't celebrate it. Personally, I think it's a dumb holiday. (if you can call it that.) In my opinion, if you love someone you should show them everyday.

With that being said on my personal issues with V-day, you can imagine my surprise when i walked in my office this morning and sitting on my desk was a vase with three pink roses, a Happy Valentine's Day balloon, a pink gift bag containing a stuffed Snoopy with a box of chocolates, and a card. I asked the lady sitting next to me, we'll call her Work Mom, if she had bought the stuff for me and she looked at me like I was nuts. Well, do you all remember the guy I met at the "Friday Night Hook-Up"? Well I had given him my business card and we spoke to each other Monday night. All the stuff was from HIM! I was SHOCKED, to say the least. Here is what the card says...

"Single Girl,

I hope you don't find this awkward, i just thought that this would brighten up your day.

Hook-Up"

(I changed our names, if you didn't notice.)

Isn't that CRAZY! So, when I called him to tell him thank you he told me he was on the way to south Texas. Then he told me his father passed away yesterday. What do you say to something like that? I told him that I was sorry and asked if he needed anything. I told him thank you again, and I knew he would be busy with his family so I asked him to just call me when he gets a chance. (That way I don't call during a viewing or a funeral, that would be bad!)

So, my first Valentine's Day as Single Girl has started off pretty good. Hope all of you with significant others have a great day!

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

Rice Spice said...

How absolutely SWEET! It's been a long time since a guy has sent me anything for V-day to work. That's fantastic!!!

It's sad to hear about his dad, but you have the right idea about stepping back while he takes care of family stuff. I'm looking forward to reading more about Hook-Up in future posts ;)

Happy VD (snicker!), Single Girl!!!