Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oysters, Beer and the Doctor

Well, I went out with Doctor last night. We had a really good time. We went to this place in Galveston called The Oyster Bar and Grill. It was a very cozy little hole in the wall. We each ordered Oysters Rockafeller and a couple of pints of Shiner. HE IS HILARIOUS!!! So, we ate and talked for a while then we went back to his house. We sat in his house and talked for about thirty minutes and since it was getting late I told him I needed to get home. He told me the next time we go out he'll take me to the Sky Bar for sushi. He walked me to the car and hugged me goodbye. Ok, we had a great time and he says he wants to see me again and you are probably wondering what my problem is. Did you see how that one sentence ended...He HUGGED me goodbye. Ok, he has not gone in for the kiss yet. I can't figure out if he's shy, nervous or "just not that in to me." I was talking to my mom about it and she said, "Maybe he's just being a gentleman." I don't know what to think. Part of me says, "If he's not in to you, why would he make a suggestion for the next time we go out?" And another part of me says, "Maybe he's just lonely and wants someone to go to dinner with." I know I'm over-analyzing and I said I wasn't going to do that anymore, but I'm a single girl...over-analyzing things is what we do. So, my evening with Doctor can be summed up like this...fun yet confusing.

My date with Hook-up is on Saturday after the Passion Party. I'm not sure what we are doing yet, I guess we'll figure that out then. Anyway, it's getting late and this aging single girl needs her beauty sleep. So...

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

d.g. said...

You know, you shouldn't worry about what his motivations are ... yet. Go out with him, have fun and let things roll ... he'll make his intentions known, I guarantee. And if they're nothing more than a friend to go to dinner with? Then you got dinners with good conversation for FREE. And free food? Is so worth it. :)

But, your mom may be right. He is probably just being a gentleman, which is really rare ... so of course it's confusing you. Men don't usually act that way. But if not, see "free food" above. That always makes everything better. :)