Thursday, February 8, 2007

The life of a Singleton!

Well, I had a date with a different guy last night. His name will be Front Loader (It's nothing dirty, I swear!) So, Front Loader and I met on the personals and we have been IMing back and for the past week and a half. I've lucked out with the last two guys...both have been VERY funny. And, if you know me, if they can make me laugh all is good. Anyway, so we met at a Chili's and when I pulled up, he was already there. Now, when I first saw his picture I was like "He's pretty cute!" But, when he got out of the truck I looked at him and realized that he was even cuter in person. He is taller than me, even with heels on. And he looked nice too...he was wearing khaki pants with a blue button up shirt (tucked in) with nice brown shoes and a matching belt. Now you are probably wondering why I am describing his clothes, well I'll tell you...The guy I have been hanging out with lately dresses like we are still in high school. You know, t-shirts with funny sayings on them, blue jeans that are too big, etc. Front Loader actually looked like an adult. Dinner went really well, but when they brought the check he did something that no other guy has ever done...He took the black check holder thing and put it in the seat next to him. Is it just me, or is that kind of strange? Doodlebug thinks maybe he didn't want me to feel rushed to leave. I don't know, it didn't really bother me I just thought it was a little different. Anyway, so he paid for dinner (pretty cool, huh?) Then he asked me if I wanted to go back to his apartment and watch a movie or something. I took the lady-like approach, which is totally not like me and said that since we just met I didn't think I would be comfortable going back to his apartment just yet. So, we sat out in his truck for about an hour and just talked. It was so nice to be able to talk to someone that is in a similar industry as I am. I finally told him I had to get home and he walked me to my car (which was only one space over from his truck) we said goodnight and hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. When I got home, I already had an IM from him telling me that he really enjoyed meeting me and that I looked very nice. Isn't that sweet! I called him and let him know that I made it home OK and he told me that we would have to get together again. I'm really looking forward to it!

Just to let you all know, tomorrow night a lady I work with (we'll call her Office Girl) and I are going to the KRBE Friday Night Hook Up and Drink Houston. I'm really excited about it. I've always heard about these gatherings, but I was always with the ex. I always thought that it sounded like a lot of fun. So, wish me luck for tomorrow night!

On another note, I called Doctor the other night and he still hasn't called me back. Now, the old Single Girl would be very upset wondering what was wrong with her, she's not pretty enough, she should have lost more weight before actually going out with anyone, etc. But, the new Single Girl says "Oh well! If I don't hear back from him, that just means that he wasn't the one for me." I have to say, being 30 is actually empowering. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care what people think about me and if they don't like me for who I am then they can just move it on down the road! So, for those of you that are VERY near 30 (and you know who you are) don't be afraid of it like I was. Embrace it!

Until next time...

Single Girl

1 comments:

Rice Spice said...

How wonderful!!! I'm glad your date with Front Loader went so well. The best part about all of this is that you're getting to "sample the buffet" to see what you like and what you don't like. YAY!