Monday, August 23, 2010

Phrases Mandy Hates

In the past I have started segments here on Mainly Mandy that I stick to for a little bit and then they go by the wayside, this will probably be the same way, but I decided to start a new thing...

PHRASES MANDY HATES!

Are there certain phrases that people use that just completely irritate you, I have several. To start out this little segment I will tell you one that irks me to no end...

Using baby girl as a term of endearment.

example: It's so good to see you, Baby Girl, how have you been?

I don't know where this nickname came from, the only thing I can figure out is it started getting used quite often after Sugarland released, Baby Girl. When the song first came out, I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a catchy little diddy. Now, it makes me grit my teeth.

It really bothers me when refer to their adult daughters this way...

That's my baby girl over there.

Really, that 20 year old sitting there with her thong sticking out of the back of her pants, chugging beer out of a beer bong is your baby girl?

And it REALLY irritates me when someone refers to me as their "baby girl." Especially when it's one of my good ol' boy customers.

Baby girl, do you think you can get a man on the phone so I can ask him what kind of hydraulic oil I need to put in my forklift?

I am 34 years old and been in this industry for 10 years now, I think I can help you.

It even bothers me when people refer to kids as baby girl.

My baby girl starts 2nd grade today.

I'm sorry, but if you are no longer wearing diapers, you should never be referred to as baby girl!

Until next time...

Mandy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN, BABY GIRL, WHO POOPED IN THE CHEERIOS THIS MORNING???

MANDY'S MOM