Monday, May 11, 2009

You Dropped Something

I don't know if you've noticed, but weird stuff happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. Friday, Karen's comment made me laugh...because something similar happened to me.



I think I was 22 years old and Latischia and I were at a bar. (I know this is a shocking statement.) (Most of my stories start with, "So & So and I were at a bar..." and I know this sounds horrible, but I don't have a drinking problem...really.) So, Tish and I are standing next to the dance floor, drinking and having a good time.

Now, I'm about to go in a T.M.I. direction, but I do believe it is needed for the story...There is not a lot about myself that I will toot my own horn about, but, when it comes to my boobs, well...toot toot! Seriously, they are awesome, I've actually been asked if they were real. And I'm not being "conceded" girl or "Oooh, look at me" girl, they really are fabulous. Ask Tish, she always has to poke at them and tell me how much they piss her off. You see, I'm 33 years old and when I take my bra off...YOU CAN'T TELL! That's right, they are P.E.R.K.Y! But I always wear padded bras, not because I need to add volume to the girls, but because the right one is pierced and if I wear a bra that isn't padded, then you can see the ring and it's all weird looking and I had one guy ask me if I had three nipples at one time...so padded bras just make more sense. So, if you wear padded bras then you know that they always come with these hidden pockets on the inside and the hidden pockets have the little shoulder pad shaped inserts.

Anyway, so Tish and I are drinking and having a good time at this bar that plays country music and I notice this guy standing near us. He was uber hot! I kept glancing over at him and he kept looking at me and then a song by Travis Tritt comes on...T-R-O-U-B-L-E and once we hear that song we both go, "Wooooooooo, let's go jitterbug!" (Have you ever been to a country bar and watched the girls that dance together...that's Tish and me.) So we're out there dancing , and I'm spinning at the speed of light. Seriously, smoke is coming from our feet because we are turning so fast! My hair is whipping me in the face and we're laughing and woo'ing. I start thinking, "Now that this guy knows I can dance, maybe he'll ask me to two-step with him. Then, after the song was over, we walk off the dance floor, barely able to breathe. I pick up my Miller Lite (that's what I drank back then.) and I felt this tap on my shoulder and I turned around. IT WAS HOT GUY!!! I look at him and say hi and he says hi back and then a smirk creeps on his face and he says..."You dropped something out there." And when I looked, it was the damn insert to my bra. I walked on the dance floor picked it up and shoved it in my pocket, looked at Tish and said, "We've got to move."

So, the moral to this story is...Take the damn inserts out of your bra before you go dancing!

Until next time...

Mandy

6 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Oh how mortifying!

But at least you have a good sense of humor about it. That's the only way to survive sometimes!

d.g. said...

Oh, my ... that totally SUCKS! It's right up there with toilet paper stuck to your shoe ... not that I would know about that or anything. ;)

Amanda said...

Karen: I am the master at laughing at myself. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

d.g.: I was on a first date when I was 19 and I came out of the bathroom with a 6' long piece of tp stuck to my shoe. He and I went out a couple more times. I'll give you a little hint why we stopped dating...my friends and I called him Carpet Man.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

I will state for all that said boobies are awesome. In fact, when you take off your bra, I think they go up! Mine hit the floor, but not yours, you lucky bastard! So, I will vouch for her boobies! Wow, that sounds bad.

But, that is so funny! Haha. That is so something that would happen to you! Or me. But, you! Haha!

Princess Pixybell said...

Hahaha, that made a dull Friday morning in work a little lighter thanks xx

Melvin Udall said...

Ok I have to confess to knowing very little about bras! But inserts? pockets? Come on your pulling my leg? How devious of the female species!!!