Monday, May 4, 2009

Remember When I Said...

That last year was going to be my LAST YEAR to perform with the alumni group and teach the tap dance? Well, guess what...I went back this year and made sure that this would be MY LAST YEAR! (I'm on the fence about the tap dance since she pays me to do that)

Back in September, I called the president of our little association and told her we needed to get the executive board together and decide what we wanted to do with my position. She then proceeded to tell me..."I'm pregnant!" After thinking about the organization being down two board members this year, I told them I would do "ONE MORE TIME. But, that was it! After this year I would not be returning.) So, the first practice we had elections and as of June 1, 2009, I am no longer the association's secretary. Woo Hoo! I could tell that I shouldn't have come back this year, my hear was not in it, but we got through it and then all of the alumni got together at a bar after the last show. Here are a few pictures from the show and the after party.

This is the Alumni Association at dress rehearsal.

This is us dancing in the show. (I'm the last one on the right in the front row.)

Still dancing. (That's me on the left)

We even had a pregnant girl perform this year! (I was telling the baby, "HELLOOOO!")

About to sing some Karaoke! (My bangs have grown back nicely, don't ya think?)

Here I am with two of the other alumni girls singing "Holla Back Girl" It was quite comical since Alicia's husband signed us up without us knowing. The only part of that song I know is there is something about Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
So, there you have it. My last year as an alumni officer. I told them next year I will be sitting in the front row and I will do a lot of woo'ing for them...then I will meet them at the bar!
Until next time...
Mandy






1 comments:

Sara said...

Ahh... this one is so sad...