Monday, February 9, 2009

Did you watch the Grammys???

I watched at them. I was sitting on my couch reading a book and had the TV muted, every once in a while I would look up and notice someone performing that I thought would be good and I would turn the sound up. More often than not, as soon as I heard part of the song the mute button got pushed again. The main reason I had the Grammys on is because I wanted to see Sir Paul McCartney perform with Dave Grohl. I love the Beatles and I love me some Foo Fighters. I was so glad the volume was up when Sir Paul and Dave where introduced, because Sir Paul was singing one of my favorite Beatles songs!


The quality of this video is not so good, but the vocals come in loud and clear.

The reason the volume was at a normal level when Paul McCartney was introduced is because I had just watched the train wreck that was M.I.A. perform "Swagga Like Us." Now, don't get me wrong...it sounded OK, I guess. (I'm not a hip hop person.) I COULD NOT stop looking at this woman. Here, let me give you a visual...




OK, seriously, who dressed this woman? Does she not have a stylist? It's like a mini skirt, bikini. Apparently, her due date was YESTERDAY! So, she decided to get on stage, in a leotard, at her pregnant juiciest and GYRATE! Yes, you read correctly, she gyrated and did pelvic thrusts. I was not only disturbed, but pretty impressed that she could still move like that so far along in her pregnancy. See for yourself...

Like I said, I'm not a hip hop girl. So, I had never heard of M.I.A. until last night, I had not heard that song and I'm not sure who the fourth guy was. I recognized Kanye West (Who, I can't stand.) Jay Z (the only reason I know who he is is because of Beyonce) and Lil Wayne (I don't know how I know who he is, but I don't like to look at him. I think he is GRO-DEE! He looks like he wouldn't smell pleasant. And don't get me started on that ridiculous, vampire teeth grill...yuck!)

Until next time...

Mandy

2 comments:

d.g. said...

You're so funny. =)

Btw, NO, I didn't watch the Grammys ... but then, I don't watch ANYTHING except South Park online, so that's not saying much. I DID see a video clip of MIA's performance earlier this morning, and I, too, was ... baffled. (I do know who MIA is, however, as they played them on the alternative station in Austin when I was there after Ike.) Gyrating was definitely at the very bottom of my list of things to do when hugely pregnant, but to each their own, I suppose ...

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Ummmmm, yea. I am not sure what to say. I think I am shell shocked. That looked so weird with her that pregnant and in the ugliest outfit known to man. I can't believe I could see her over the Kanye ego, but it wasn't pretty.

They still play this song like it's got the antidote in the lyrics. I swear, I am not a big fan of the song because I'm just not. But, the looks of it being sung by sexy Humpty Dumpty took it in a new direction. Yipes!