Friday, September 28, 2007

Lost & Found

It's a known fact that every single girl has to have her gay best friend. (I think it's a law.) Well, let us just say that I lost mine about four years ago. I don't mean we had a fight or anything like that, I mean I literally lost him. When I was with the ex, i did one of those stupid girl things...I devoted the majority of my time to him and neglected my friends, so we kinda lost track of each other. Last time I talked to him he and his partner lived in Galveston. Well, when I called the number I had for them, *gasp*, they were gone! I have searched high and low for them, but sadly, I never could find them. Everytime I would drive around the lower Westheimer area or down Fairview, I would think of my friend. (Oh, by the way, his name is Ducky. When he was younger he looked and dressed like Ducky from Pretty In Pink.) Anyway, Wed. night when I got hom from taking Thing 2 to karate, I checked my email and noticed I had some messages on myspace. I checked my myspace page and to my surprise, there was a picture Ducky looking at me. I HAD BEEN FOUND!!! When I opened the email, it had his phone number asking me to call him. As tears welled up in my eyes, I dialed the number and he answered. It was my Ducky! I found out why I couldn't find him...He and his partner, we'll call him Doc, were legally married a couple of years ago in Cape Cod so he now has his husband's last name. We talked like no time had passed. Unfortunately, he is going out of town this weekend, so I will be going to their house next Saturday. I can't wait to see them, I don't think I've ever been this excited about seeing anyone.

So, my single life is complete...
I have my best friend: Doodlebug.
The guy friend I went out with, but realized friendship was best: Vegan
The woman who always gives me the best advice, but I refuse to listen: the mom
My cat
and now I have my Ducky back!

I feel so "Carrie Bradshaw." Only taller and chunkier and not as great of a shoe collection.

Until next time...

Single Girl

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

It's funny how we do ridiculous things when we are in relationships that cost us good friendships... especially when we were younger and more naive to think we had to be all about the guy were dating. Hopefully, we learn from those losses and try our best not to repeat those mistakes in future relationships. I think that it's great that the two of you have found each other again!!! MySpace has a way of rekindling old friendships.

d.g. said...

Oh, good for you, I'm so glad you found him! And yay for them! I wish Texas (among other states) would finally stop being such a little bitch and allow same-sex marriages. Jesus, you would think we were stilling living in 1950 or something. Bah.

And by the way, there is NOTHING wrong with your shoe collection! You know I love heels as much as the next woman, but they ain't got nothin' on the comfort, not to mention the fun, cute prints, of your canvas shoes!